VOGONS

First post, by Dave Bursik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello.
I have problem with motherboard Unichip 386WB. I tried to test this motherboard by booting to the BIOS, but if I turn the computer ON, leds blink on the keyboard and then I get theese messages.

CMOS checksum failure
CMOS display type mismatch
Keyboard error

Any idea what is wrong? Because of keyboard error I cannot go to the BIOS menu. 😕

Pictures are attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 10, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Could the errors be fixed by replacing the missing battery?

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 3 of 10, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have the same with a really tiny amount of battery leak and it needed a trace repair with the exact same symptom. So yes pay attention to the area around the battery, bottom side included.
I hope you fix it, it's a pretty fast motherboard.

Reply 4 of 10, by Dave Bursik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
many thanks for your help. I check again all way repaired before and found one problem around choke L4. I repaired it. Now it is working 😀 Im really happy 😀
Photo is attached.

By the way .. Does anyone have an original User´s manual for this motherboard? I found this link where the manual could be downloaded, but I don't think people are active anymore.
http://www.amoretro.de/2012/02/unichip-367c-u … otherboard.html

Thanks a lot again,
David

Attachments

Reply 5 of 10, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I can see a solder trail shorting two leads of transistor exactly besides the battery holder.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 6 of 10, by Dave Bursik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
pentiumspeed wrote on 2020-11-18, 20:06:

I can see a solder trail shorting two leads of transistor exactly besides the battery holder.

Cheers,

Hi, thanks for your replay. Can you mark it on the photo?
Thanks, David

Reply 9 of 10, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can see two potential shorts

Attachments

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.