VOGONS

First post, by TK1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is anyone based in North Yorkshire / North East England here? I have a substantial collection of old hardware ranging from early Voodoo cards to Phenom ii x6. Though it's mostly Netburst and Athlon based hardware. The majority is high end gaming or workstation items. It's dozens of motherboard, graphics cards and CPUs. I also have some newer bits that are retro friendly like I7 compatible motherboard with lots of legacy PCI slots. I also have a lot of old school Microsoft joysticks wheels and such like. Unfortunately life has kind of led me down a path with no free time or free space, so it's all got to go. My initial wish was to donate it free to a video creators or blogger. However am struggling to find one willing to pick it up. So I just wanted to re issue the offer to anyone who will be productive for the community is welcome to have it all for free but must be collected. If you would like to know more please let me know. Also if you know of any YouTube creators or bloggers or similar who you think would be interested please ask them.

Last edited by TK1 on 2020-11-24, 20:28. Edited 4 times in total.

Reply 1 of 14, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't live in the UK, but I really do hope you find someone who can take this off your hands 😀

Also, requests like this one are not against the rules here on Vogons, so no need to report.

Last edited by vetz on 2020-11-24, 20:04. Edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Typing errors

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 2 of 14, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This guy is from the UK: https://www.youtube.com/c/RMCRetro/

He also has a Twitter account if you want to get in touch with him there: https://twitter.com/RMCRetro

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 3 of 14, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This makes wish I could still drive. I would have loved this, but am housebound in Northampton.

If you are happy to ship within the UK (preferably with Hermes, as they are cheapest I know of), minus any cases, I would be interested.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 4 of 14, by TK1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Joseph_Joestar wrote on 2020-11-24, 18:14:

This guy is from the UK: https://www.youtube.com/c/RMCRetro/

He also has a Twitter account if you want to get in touch with him there: https://twitter.com/RMCRetro

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it looks like it's not really his cup of tea. Though he has suggested fellow youtuber so fingers crossed.

Reply 5 of 14, by TK1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
debs3759 wrote on 2020-11-24, 18:50:

This makes wish I could still drive. I would have loved this, but am housebound in Northampton.

If you are happy to ship within the UK (preferably with Hermes, as they are cheapest I know of), minus any cases, I would be interested.

Hello Debs 3759. Do you make videos, blog, review about retro hardware? If so would you mind sending me a link. If no one is interest in the lot I guess I may be able to send out just the more interesting bits.

Last edited by TK1 on 2020-11-25, 07:29. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 6 of 14, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm primarily a collector, so I guess I don't match your requirements. I test parts and am getting back into benching.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 7 of 14, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
TK1 wrote on 2020-11-25, 07:09:

Do you make videos, blog, review about retro hardware?

What about utility developers? I develop SIV and would be interested in getting a 486 motherboard, 3Dfx GPUs and any other things I don't already have so I can use them to validate SIV or to extend what SIV supports.

For me it would be about a 500 mile round trip to collect them so would prefer it if you could post them.

Reply 8 of 14, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm not a blogger or anything but I'm willing to collect and redistribute in my spare time.
Car could do with a good stretch and I've benefited from others offloading old hardware so good opportunity to give back to the community.

Reply 9 of 14, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Would just sell it on ebay.. Benefit for both sides (seller and buyer) If its interesting for the most. Then you can sell it very quick if you dont ask to much high prices..

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 10 of 14, by TK1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
red-ray wrote on 2020-11-25, 09:29:

What about utility developers? I develop SIV and would be interested in getting a 486 motherboard, 3Dfx GPUs and any other things I don't already have so I can use them to validate SIV or to extend what SIV supports.

For me it would be about a 500 mile round trip to collect them so would prefer it if you could post them.

You are definitely a creator so that's a positive in my books. I don't think there are any 486s in there. It's mostly newer Athlon and Netburst based unfortunately. Collection was preferable. Though if no YouTubers show interest Chinny22 has say he may be willing to collect the lot and possibly distribute amongst fellow community members.

Last edited by TK1 on 2020-11-25, 18:28. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 11 of 14, by TK1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
chinny22 wrote on 2020-11-25, 11:16:

I'm not a blogger or anything but I'm willing to collect and redistribute in my spare time.
Car could do with a good stretch and I've benefited from others offloading old hardware so good opportunity to give back to the community.

That's a possibility. I see you are very active on here and that's a positive. Where are you based? I am just North of the North Yorkshire Moors, just where North Yorkshire ends. I have left messages with a few YouTubers so will just see if any are interested. If not I could get some photos and see if it interests you. It would be good if you can take it all as I really don't have much time these days.

Reply 12 of 14, by TK1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Robin4 wrote on 2020-11-25, 12:12:

Would just sell it on ebay.. Benefit for both sides (seller and buyer) If its interesting for the most. Then you can sell it very quick if you dont ask to much high prices..

I was tempted. Though I have just sold a very very very large console collection, arcade machines and kind of lost steam trying to clear my Amiga bits. So just had enough really. Hence if someone wants it all and can put it to good use I am happy with that.

Reply 13 of 14, by TK1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
debs3759 wrote on 2020-11-25, 07:19:

I'm primarily a collector, so I guess I don't match your requirements. I test parts and am getting back into benching.

At least it sounds like you would enjoy some of the interesting parts. I have asked a few YouTubers if there interested but if not Chinny22 has said they may be willing to collect the lot and then distribute.

Reply 14 of 14, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
TK1 wrote on 2020-11-25, 18:08:

That's a possibility. I see you are very active on here and that's a positive. Where are you based? I am just North of the North Yorkshire Moors, just where North Yorkshire ends. I have left messages with a few YouTubers so will just see if any are interested. If not I could get some photos and see if it interests you. It would be good if you can take it all as I really don't have much time these days.

Yeh the tone of your post was while you didn't want it to go to waste but you just want it gone.
Shame I missed out on the arcade stuff, would love to get into that scene. On the other hand probably for the better marriage wise 😉

You'll think I'm crazy but I'm just outside the M25 in Essex but growing up in rural Oz my idea of a long drive tends to cover alot more distance then most. Especially motorway driving. just point the car in the right direction and cruse vs Aussie equivalent of an A road.
It's just the traffic I'm not a fan of. I have to head to to Europe to find uncongested roads 🙁

But yeh, if the youtubers strike out some pics would be good, both see what were talking about and how much of it! Nothing else good excuse for a road trip as your based in part of the world I wouldn't mind living accept for the cold. I've no problem admitting I'm a soft southerner