VOGONS

First post, by dank0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys,
I moved to another country (from Canada) and I don't have time to play with my old retro machines anymore.
I have few different PC's - few Pentimum 200 MMX, one Pentium Pro etc.
Each machine is super clean
HDD i use Hyperdisk flash disk modules 16GB
Each computer have CD ROM unit and network card
Sound cards - Yamaha with opl3 or ESS cards
All machines are loaded with hundreds of games (properly organized) and with few graphical apps (3D studio, Autodesk Animator, Deluxe Paint etc.)
one partition is DOS 6.22
other partition is Windows 3.11
and other partition is Win 98
all managed by boot manager
what will be fair price to ask for decent optimized and maintained rig? All you need to do, is connect keyboard and mouse and monitor and you are ready to play and enjoy.
I will take pictures when i get back home - but the virus is holding me to travel home.
thanks for your responses.

AMD K6-II 500, Nvidia TNT2 AGP, 256 MB RAM

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
•• WANTED: ROLAND SCP-55 ••

Reply 1 of 8, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dank0 wrote on 2020-12-14, 06:43:
Hey guys, I moved to another country (from Canada) and I don't have time to play with my old retro machines anymore. I have fe […]
Show full quote

Hey guys,
I moved to another country (from Canada) and I don't have time to play with my old retro machines anymore.
I have few different PC's - few Pentimum 200 MMX, one Pentium Pro etc.
Each machine is super clean
HDD i use Hyperdisk flash disk modules 16GB
Each computer have CD ROM unit and network card
Sound cards - Yamaha with opl3 or ESS cards
All machines are loaded with hundreds of games (properly organized) and with few graphical apps (3D studio, Autodesk Animator, Deluxe Paint etc.)
one partition is DOS 6.22
other partition is Windows 3.11
and other partition is Win 98
all managed by boot manager
what will be fair price to ask for decent optimized and maintained rig? All you need to do, is connect keyboard and mouse and monitor and you are ready to play and enjoy.
I will take pictures when i get back home - but the virus is holding me to travel home.
thanks for your responses.

Only way to know is to check prices local to where you are.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 3 of 8, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Unless the system doesn't have and rare or interesting parts. I'm sure you probably know that and its why you are asking.

The systems are worth the total cost of their parts individually. If I look up a pentium 200mmx it is worth like 5 dollars, unless you have some incredibly rare motherboard or parts to pair with it it's not worth it to part it out. People pay like 50-75 dollars on ebay for nice beige cases depending on aesthetics. If you have one of those than the price for the 200mmx assuming its not that special is probably like 100 dollars, mostly becasue of the case.

But it will be a hard sell to sell a case for 100 just becasue you don't want to part it out. Also it depend on the listing if you have a lot of good pictures, and write a compelling pitch than maybe 120.

Reply 5 of 8, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here in NL you'd be lucky to get EUR 75 for something similar (except maybe for the PPro, that's pretty unusual). It really does matter where you are located.

Also agree with miphee that selling as a complete system will lower the price, not enhance it. You've no doubt set up these boxes perfectly for what you want - but a buyer will almost always want something different and sees a box with maybe one part he really likes and the rest he'll have to offload himself later. Of course, selling it in pieces costs more time & effort and you'll probably be left with the bits no one wants anyway, so it's a trade-off.

Reply 6 of 8, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There's a case right now on eBay that I'd like to buy, however the fact that it's a complete system is discouraging . I don't need the mobo, PSU, GFX, or anything else besides the case. I'm sure there's another guy out there who just wants the mobo and internals, and is discouraged that he will have to pay for delivery of a case he doesn't need.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 7 of 8, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It really depends on what's that other country you moved to from Canada. Where I live, a basic Pentim 200MMX build rarely goes above 40-50$. If it has some more sought, but not particularly rare after parts, like an AWE64 sound card and a Voodoo, then around 100$ is not impossible. However if you have a Voodoo 2 or AWE64 Gold, it's best to sell them separately.

But since you didn't name anything in particular, I guess it's mostly just some basic with budget parts.

Errius wrote on 2020-12-14, 11:13:

There's a case right now on eBay that I'd like to buy, however the fact that it's a complete system is discouraging . I don't need the mobo, PSU, GFX, or anything else besides the case. I'm sure there's another guy out there who just wants the mobo and internals, and is discouraged that he will have to pay for delivery of a case he doesn't need.

If the price is right doesn't it worth to buy and resell what you don't need? Sometimes when I did that I could sell the trash for the same price I paid for the whole package.

sreq.png retrogamer-s.png

Reply 8 of 8, by dank0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks people, I moved to China/Shenzhen - the Mecca of the electronic.

AMD K6-II 500, Nvidia TNT2 AGP, 256 MB RAM

•• WANTED: ROLAND SCP-55 ••