VOGONS

Reply 20 of 20, by furyanwolf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BitWrangler wrote on 2021-05-24, 03:48:

Exactly what RAM has been tried in it? I'm a bit doubtful a 512MB stick is gonna work, 128MB is probably safe, 256MB can be hit or miss. Also is the CMOS battery fresh? There's a good number of boards that play dead with a weak or flat battery, annoying as hell.

On the ECS board, I first tried a set of 32 MB sticks, then a set of 128 MB sticks. None worked, assuming it's the ram and not something else. The 512 MB is newly acquired for the new Gigabyte board as the ECS board only supports a max of 384 MB anyways. I was actually thinking about the CMOS battery as I was writing the previous post. I got the board with a "new" CMOS battery included and I had tested it with a multi meter and it read 3.smth Volts so I'm fairly confident that should be fine as well, I have however ordered some new batteries myself since the other board needs one too, will see if fiddling around with it some more does anything, but at this point, I have my doubts. The only thing I haven't tried on the ECS board is a PCI GPU. That would help differentiate between dead AGP port and dead motherboard, hmmmm, might look into that too.