VOGONS

First post, by SodaSuccubus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What's your procedure for handling rust? Obviously big patches of it should probably be delt with but what about little specks here and there?

Does it bother you? Or does a bit of rust here and there give some charm?

I can't stand *any* rust, it just grosses me out and makes me feel like it's gonna contaminate my room or make me sick. Yuck!!

I'm talking like, even a small little dot of rust on a case sidepanel. I usually Rustoleum + topcoat anything that's covered.

Last edited by SodaSuccubus on 2021-02-08, 00:01. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 7, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I treat rust with utter contempt.

Rust spreads, and needs dealing with at the earliest opportunity.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 2 of 7, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
debs3759 wrote on 2021-02-07, 23:42:

I agree .
I also do not program in it . 😉

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(p ... _language)

EDIT: That was meant as a joke, I have nothing against the programming language, except maybe its unflattering name .

Reply 4 of 7, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
darry wrote on 2021-02-07, 23:45:
I agree . I also do not program in it . ;) […]
Show full quote
debs3759 wrote on 2021-02-07, 23:42:

I agree .
I also do not program in it . 😉

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(p ... _language)

EDIT: That was meant as a joke, I have nothing against the programming language, except maybe its unflattering name .

Ooh, I might have to play with that language. Looks interesting 😀 More of an x86 assembly language gal relearning C and C++ after a lengthy break though 😀

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 5 of 7, by Eep386

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For the rust I cannot scrape off with a wire brush or sandpaper, I use Evaporust, provided I can submerge said rusty part without worrying about damaging something by doing it. Most of the time it takes the rust right off.
Can be annoying to clean the stuff off afterward though. Also, I don't know if some metals "like" Evaporust better than others.

Life isn't long enough to re-enable every hidden option in every BIOS on every board... 🙁

Reply 6 of 7, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For small rust spots or sanded grinded surfaces just use zinc spray. It works very good. And the color is almost the same as galvanized steel maybe a little more matte.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 7 of 7, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can purchase water based rust neutralizer from any hardware store. Use a brush to apply it. Give the container a good shake to make sure the fluid is well mixed.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉