VOGONS

First post, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hey guys
i was wondering if someone here has like a picture or more info on one of these knowns multimedia packs that were sold in the 90s. That came with soundcard, cdrom and CDs with games.

The only thing i kept was a manual, and it says MEDIA VISION FUSION.

Looking online i was unable to find anything about it, no box pictures, no info on what it came with.
The only thing i was able to figure out is that those kits were sold with a Sony CDU-31A drive, which looks like a 2x cdrom drive, and they also came with some CDs with games like Battlechess.
As for the media vision soundcard i have no idea what specific soundcard they came with, probably a PAS16 maybe? mediavision made quite a few soundcards that were ISA.

if anyone has one, please share some info, and pictures would be nice

cdrom was this i belive
sony-cdu31a-02-2x-ide-internal-cd-rom-drive-1.11__40397.1490273524.jpg

Reply 1 of 10, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SETBLASTER wrote on 2021-02-19, 21:40:
hey guys i was wondering if someone here has like a picture or more info on one of these knowns multimedia packs that were sold […]
Show full quote

hey guys
i was wondering if someone here has like a picture or more info on one of these knowns multimedia packs that were sold in the 90s. That came with soundcard, cdrom and CDs with games.

Looking online i was unable to find anything about it, no box pictures, no info on what it came with.
The only thing i was able to figure out is that those kits were sold with a Sony CDU-31A drive, which looks like a 2x cdrom drive, and they also came with some CDs with games like Battlechess.
As for the media vision soundcard i have no idea what specific soundcard they came with, probably a PAS16 maybe? mediavision made quite a few soundcards that were ISA.

cdrom was this i belive

About half way down the page

https://web.archive.org/web/19961110152114/ht … rt/ts_mmkit.htm

Reply 2 of 10, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2021-02-19, 22:47:
SETBLASTER wrote on 2021-02-19, 21:40:
hey guys i was wondering if someone here has like a picture or more info on one of these knowns multimedia packs that were sold […]
Show full quote

hey guys

cdrom was this i belive

About half way down the page

https://web.archive.org/web/19961110152114/ht … rt/ts_mmkit.htm

thank you!
probably i had a Fusion CD 16 w/ Sony CDU 31A

too bad in that era pictures were like pixels in these days.
Still wondering if someone in this forum has a box of such kit, i would like to see images 😁

Reply 5 of 10, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SETBLASTER wrote on 2021-02-20, 16:19:

still looking there but i cant find, only list of prices, expensive actually 500 dollars.
in todays it would be much much more

There's a few similar images like these

MV Fusion 01.jpg
Filename
MV Fusion 01.jpg
File size
261.17 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
MV Fusion 02.jpg
Filename
MV Fusion 02.jpg
File size
167.76 KiB
Views
File license
MV Fusion 03.jpg
Filename
MV Fusion 03.jpg
File size
301.39 KiB
Views
File license
MV Fusion 04.jpg
Filename
MV Fusion 04.jpg
File size
241.98 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 6 of 10, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nice ! and not the greatest pictures but found this interesting:

Attachments

• Filename
    MVfdcd16sl.pdf
    File size
    1.35 MiB
    Downloads
    55 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 7 of 10, by Gona

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

IXP-PAS16P (PAS16 LMSI) 650-042. A version with Philips type CD-ROM interface and drive:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/broox/26999661875

Video card compatibility matrix for DOS games | ATI3DCIF compatibility matrix | CGL API compatibility matrix

Reply 8 of 10, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Gona wrote on 2021-05-18, 16:18:

IXP-PAS16P (PAS16 LMSI) 650-042. A version with Philips type CD-ROM interface and drive:

very nice!

is that yours??

mine came with the exact same cd games and speakers,but the cdrom was a sony one.

Reply 9 of 10, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Great ! I have the card but got it decades ago and not as a kit, still works just fine.

Attachments

• Img_1602s.jpg
    Filename
    Img_1602s.jpg
    File size
    459.12 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 10 of 10, by Gona

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SETBLASTER wrote on 2021-05-19, 01:22:
very nice! […]
Show full quote
Gona wrote on 2021-05-18, 16:18:

very nice!

is that yours??

mine came with the exact same cd games and speakers,but the cdrom was a sony one.

Not mine. I just found this great picture and want to share, and then read "Philips CD-ROM" on the box and searched the Fusion CD 16 (PAS16) card with Philips interface, have found one and complete the Jigsaw Puzzle. I want to share this information because not easy to identify a Philips CD-ROM interface and also "LMSI" doesn't tell me much. My Fusion CD 16 soundcard I got standalone too and mine also has Sony interface (PAS16SL).

Video card compatibility matrix for DOS games | ATI3DCIF compatibility matrix | CGL API compatibility matrix