VOGONS

First post, by greasemonkey90s

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Came up on this board in a lot looks to be in good condition but is missing the bios chip. Anyone with this board can recommend me the correct chip type to attempt to flash. Best way to go about this hot swap, programmer or socketed nic.? I find this board to be interesting to keep just hard to find much on this rev versus the more common rev 2.2 . Thanks for the help.

Reply 1 of 3, by greasemonkey90s

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Any more information on this board in general. Having a hard time finding any info on rev 2.3 . Wondering if they fixed rev 2.2 issues with 100fsb. Has a 5 ns onboard cache so should be enough.

Reply 2 of 3, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Can you post a picture of the board ? Being a minor revision (not same as going from 2.x to 3.x with some boards) doubt much changed between 2.2 and 2.3....

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 3 of 3, by greasemonkey90s

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Horun wrote on 2021-03-01, 00:37:

Can you post a picture of the board ? Being a minor revision (not same as going from 2.x to 3.x with some boards) doubt much changed between 2.2 and 2.3....

I attached it. Basically just want to know if the bios from rev 2.2 will work hopefully.

Attachments