VOGONS

Reply 20 of 24, by WJG6260

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
debs3759 wrote on 2021-03-24, 01:00:
WJG6260 wrote on 2021-03-24, 00:42:

@debs3759 Awesome! I’m excited to see this project keep growing! 20k cards is quite impressive! How large do you foresee it growing with that third database?

The goal is to keep growing it until I run out of places to get new (and old) cards and specs from. My aim is to collect data eventually for as many cards as possibly. I'm still going through old sites on the Wayback Machine, and have started gathering data from eBay listings (at least, those with good photos) and by googling cards to find specs. It'll keep me going for years. Being housebound due to ongoing health issues gives me lot of time to fill 😀

Oh wow, that’s awesome! I love that idea and it sounds like a really interesting and quite fun project! And EXTRAORDINARILY useful! I’ve been perusing your site the past while and really have been enjoying it! Bless you, and I really have to say thank you for this. I know I’m just one random member of the larger internet community, but your site is going to be something that I’ll be using and recommending for a long, long time! Best of luck, and if there’s anything I can do to help, I’d love to chip in!

-Live Long and Prosper-

Feel free to check out my YouTube and Twitter!

Reply 21 of 24, by DeggMan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
WJG6260 wrote on 2021-03-23, 19:05:
Hello all, […]
Show full quote

Hello all,

Recently, I purchased this STB Powergraph C33. It's in fairly decent shape, and, after properly setting jumpers W1 and W2, the card worked a-okay in my 486. I tried to set it at 0WS, and it worked there too, but I set it back to factory while benchmarking.

After that, I was using the Philscomputerlab DOS benchmark pack and accidentally ran MTRRLBFE, and the card started to act quite strange. For example, DOS text would randomly get dim, then bright, then fade. I checked the connections, tried another VGA cable, and nothing worked. I even tried the card in another VLB board and came across the same issue.

Now, when I start a PC with it installed, I get a signal to my monitor, but no picture at all. After testing some more, I'm convinced there's something up with the VGA BIOS, but I'm not certain about that. The only reason I suspect as such was that the card was absolutely working prior to running MTRRLBFE, and--occasionally--text will show up on the screen.

I've tried everything--re-seating jumpers, re-seating the card, different VGA cables, a different monitor. Is there anything I'm missing? I dumped my BIOS, and noticed something odd. The BIOS on the VGAMUSEUM seems to be 64k, while mine is 32k. Can anyone confirm that 32k is proper?

Either way, I ordered some Winbond W27E257 EEPROMs, and I'm going to try to burn a new ROM, just to humor myself. On that note, to any of you who have one of these cards, would you mind sharing a copy of your BIOS?

Attached are a copy of my BIOS and the one from VGAMUSEUM. Mine is labeled STBPowerGraphC33 and the one from the site is WD90C33-ZZ.

I'd love to hear any thoughts that any of you may have, and any help would be vastly appreciated. When this card was working, it was quite fast--almost as fast as my ARK1000VL! It's a pretty weird card, that's for sure.

Do you have any resources on this card, manuals, jumper settings, drivers? I have this same card.

Reply 22 of 24, by WJG6260

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My apologies for the delay. I unfortunately don't have much in the way of documentation, but here's what I've found:

• Drivers are attached below
  • Jumpers are available here
  • Generic BIOS, photos, and some more info are here on Vlask's site

Attachments

-Live Long and Prosper-

Feel free to check out my YouTube and Twitter!

Reply 24 of 24, by soviet conscript

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
debyl wrote on 2022-11-03, 04:11:

Hello,

Which jumpers are used to set it to 0 WS? Jumper block 2 is not defined in the datasheet.

Thanks

I'm curious about this as well, can anyone confirm the jumper settings for 0 WS?