VOGONS

First post, by etomcat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I have this old Plus Development Corp. storage controller ISA card, which is marked as NEP-14T near the top edge, so I've always assumed that to mean the model name. But I've just saw a photo of the IBM PC Music Feature Card, which is marked NEP-16T near the top edge, as seen here: http://minuszerodegrees.net/5150_5160/cards/I … c%20Feature.jpg

So could this NEP-1xT thing be a generic marking for the number of layers within the PCB or something else? Maybe the marking has to do with the japanese electronics industry, since both cards were Made in Japan? If you have any info, please tell!

Thanks in advance, Yours Sincerely: Tamas Feher.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 3, by quicknick

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Resurrecting this, rather than create a new thread. Got one of these too, but I have no idea about its purpose. It's described in some places as Plus NEP-14T Epson SPFG ISA Parallel/Serial Adapter Board but really looks too complicated to be a Parallel/Serial board. Any clues?
Edit: external connector is a 37-pin male D-sub.

Plus NEP-14T.jpg
Filename
Plus NEP-14T.jpg
File size
681.49 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 3, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Interesting card. There are some references to a "SPFG board" in the Epson Equity series manuals. They refer to it as having Floppy, serial and parallel ports.
The 34pin connector could be for a floppy. One thing interesting is the Sony chips are ram chips, the Mitsubishi chips are ROM chips, the NEC chip is a 8bit multiport microcontroller.
What is under the "104CBDxxx" label ? Is that an OKI chip ? If so it could for a specific printer/plotter and why has the odd 37pin external connector....

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 3 of 3, by quicknick

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The chip under the label is a SMS OMTI 20513. Couldn't find much about it:

OMTI 3127A-3AA, Also SMS brand. SCSI to RLL adapter. Has 50-pin SCSI header, and 34 pin with two 20-pin hard drive […]
Show full quote

OMTI 3127A-3AA, Also SMS brand. SCSI to RLL adapter. Has
50-pin SCSI header, and 34 pin with two 20-pin hard drive
RLL header set. Has OMTI 20513 chip. No docs, not tested.
Google says up to two ST506/412 RLL 2,7 drives supported,
some jumper settings on the Web (Apr 2005).

(From here)