VOGONS

First post, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Greetings;

I have an external 5.25 floppy drive; a Procom Technologies PXF 1200. It was supposedly tested to be working, though I have no way of connecting it to my PC(s.) It has a parallel-looking port on the back that is larger than a parallel port, and there are no connection options to power the device. Information online is scant. How can I test/use this device?

Also, who still makes 5.25 and 3.5 floppies? I ordered an external SuperDisk, and the bezel was busted off and the eject button was also broken, though I was able to transplant a button from a non-working internal and glue the bezel on, and the drive works. I also found an internal LS120 for $25 on ebay, though I want the ability to read/write to various floppy formats with these hobby machines. I have two 5.25 floppy drives and a couple of 3,5 floppy drives to test out.

Thanks!

Scythifuge.

Reply 1 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Probably requires a special interface card to go with it.

How many pins is the connection?

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 3 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Take a look here:
http://www.vcfed.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-24465.html

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 4 of 4, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-04-08, 23:28:

Thank you, I'll check it out. I would love to use the drive. It is sleek for its age and nicely built, and looks good with the collection of external drives I have been putting together.