VOGONS

First post, by fronzel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Maybe someone remembers tankraider.com - my old website dedicated to DOS based palmtops.

Hosting company had changed owners and there were a few things i disagreed with and it finally came offline in January this year.

Luckily i found a friendly user who offered to take the tankraider website as a refugee on his domain and hosting.

I had considered keeping tankraider as the subdomain - but honestly tankraider was a silly browser based game that never got finished, so i finally renamed the site to "gadgets" - which is a bit more fitting.

Some stuff is gone for good - the (murky) driver database, the vintage VR headset site and the Sharp PC-NJ70A shrine. I considered getting them there from a backup but after all the years these were neither great nor really helpful.

The DOS Palmtop list, the database (still wip - after all the years), the forum and my egocentric blog are up again.

So if you still have tankraider.com in your bookmarks - please bookmark the new address:

https://gadgets.notjakob.com/

Reply 1 of 1, by kleung21

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Many thanks for bringing it back online. After all these years, it's still helpful.

I just got a Sharp PC3000 that I need to work on.

I also sold a Tidalwave Ps1000 and I'm sure the new owner will be thankful to have the resource.