VOGONS

First post, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have been using this motherboard for my DOS\Win95 setup for a while and everything works perfectly BUT, the serial mouse i'm using is a pain in the ass to say the least. I was looking at the solder pads nearby the AT connector (see picture) and it looks a lot like it was meant for a PS\2 header, before going straight into the mod, am i right ? is the motherboard designed for PS\2 ?

s-l1600.jpg
Filename
s-l1600.jpg
File size
339.92 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png
If you wanna check a blue ball playing retro PC games
MIDI Devices: RA-50 (modded to MT-32) SC-55

Reply 1 of 2, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Looking at the manual here: https://www.elhvb.com/mboards/a-trend/manuals/index.html
It looks like in the Bios Features setup, there's an option to enable PS/2 mouse. I think the components needed for PS/2 mouse signalling are installed and although I can't find anything about where that would plug in, J3 looks very much like where a mouse would plug in. You could check whether traces go from J3 to the missing Ps/2 mouse header to work out if it is. And from that you could also potentially work out which pin does what.

Reply 2 of 2, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Thermalwrong wrote on 2021-04-27, 10:25:

Looking at the manual here: https://www.elhvb.com/mboards/a-trend/manuals/index.html
It looks like in the Bios Features setup, there's an option to enable PS/2 mouse. I think the components needed for PS/2 mouse signalling are installed and although I can't find anything about where that would plug in, J3 looks very much like where a mouse would plug in. You could check whether traces go from J3 to the missing Ps/2 mouse header to work out if it is. And from that you could also potentially work out which pin does what.

Nice, i guess my hunch was correct, i will start working on it, thank you.

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png
If you wanna check a blue ball playing retro PC games
MIDI Devices: RA-50 (modded to MT-32) SC-55