VOGONS

First post, by mashrien

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I've got a FIC-PT-2000 socket5 motherboard, put a pantium 75 in it, all's well 'till I go to install the hdd
Got an old-stock 4.2gb WDC picked specifically for this build but the BIOS only sees half the size..

I've got a couple 1.2gb drives, and a 2gb floating around somewhere, but they aren't new-old-stock, and I wanted this system to be basically new (the mobo was also new-old-stock)

Anyone got a bios update for this board?- I've googled a bit but haven't turned up any working links so far

Reply 1 of 13, by evasive

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have only this on file.

306KC806.BIN: 
06/17/97-i430FX-2A59CF0HC-00
Version 3.06KC806

Attachments

• Filename
    306C800.ZIP
    File size
    79.82 KiB
    Downloads
    39 downloads
    File comment
    year2000 beta bios
    File license
    CC-BY-4.0

Reply 2 of 13, by mashrien

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Since this has a removable BIOS chip, I'ma just pull it out, dump the current bios version to file and then flash your version using my EEPROM programmer

Thanks a million for this!

Edit: Existing bios chip is an SST: (PH) 29EE010 -- SST29EE010 DIP32
I've attached v1.01 of the bios below

Attachments

• Filename
    PT2000_v1.01.zip
    File size
    74.53 KiB
    Downloads
    30 downloads
    File license
    Public domain
Last edited by mashrien on 2021-05-13, 22:52. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 13, by evasive

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mashrien wrote on 2021-05-13, 22:34:

Since this has a removable BIOS chip, I'ma just pull it out, dump the current bios version to file and then flash your version using my EEPROM programmer

Thanks a million for this!

then post that here if indeed it is a different version so we can add it to the page:
http://www.win3x.org/uh19/motherboard/show/2438

A clear picture of the front and back of the board are also very welcome.

Reply 4 of 13, by mashrien

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Don't have a pic of the back of the board, unfortunately.. Just of the front
I edited my previous post with a dump of the bios as well. I'm not sure how to update those pages, so I'll let someone more familiar handle it

Attachments

• DSC00102.JPG
    Filename
    DSC00102.JPG
    File size
    868.35 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 7 of 13, by mashrien

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Appreciate ya doing that. I'll just make a new thread for my mass bios dumps, and I'll go ahead and whip out the DSLR to get some higher quality photos of the other boards as well.
Anything with a removable bios chip I'll try to do and get uploaded.

Thanks again evasive 😀

Reply 8 of 13, by soggi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
evasive wrote on 2021-05-13, 22:30:
I have only this on file. […]
Show full quote

I have only this on file.

306KC806.BIN: 
06/17/97-i430FX-2A59CF0HC-00
Version 3.06KC806

You attached the wrong file (306C800.ZIP instead of 306kc806.zip). I have also an image from 1999 named 3072c806.bin with readme.txt just saying "pt-2000 pcb 2.4 Award v. 3.072C806".

Just attached the files below...

kind regards
soggi

Attachments

Vintage BIOSes, firmware, drivers, tools, manuals and (3dfx) game patches -> soggi's BIOS & Firmware Page

soggi.org on Twitter - talent borrows, genius steals...

Reply 9 of 13, by evasive

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You're right:
https://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/Archive/FIC/bi … 2000/index.html

The good thing these are all for the same board. When I'm home I'll extract the strings and put them all on the page. Thanks for the heads-up 😀

Reply 10 of 13, by soggi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You're welcome!

BTW I really appreciate your contribution (and the work of all your supporters) to the retro/vintage computer scene. In the last decade the www.motherboards.org forums and www.elhvb.com were a great source for motherboard identification and somehow lost BIOSes - they helped me a lot building up my own page. Big THX for the work!

kind regards
soggi

Last edited by soggi on 2021-05-20, 18:54. Edited 1 time in total.

Vintage BIOSes, firmware, drivers, tools, manuals and (3dfx) game patches -> soggi's BIOS & Firmware Page

Reply 12 of 13, by soggi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh yes, I'm "THAT" soggi 😉 - decided to register here after years of passive use of vogons. Nice to hear that my work is also useful for you!

My pages are completely hand coded and HTML 4.01 Strict compatible, so they are even viewable under DOS and Win3.1x with their latest browsers.

BTW unfortunately I 'm not able to view "The Mother Board" / www.motherboards.org forums with New Moon 27 on my XP rigs. The Cloudflare DDoS protection checks again and again and again and...(see screen shot below) Is there a possibility to solve this issue?

kind regards
soggi

Attachments