VOGONS

First post, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Couldn't find any data on this combo.

Trying to find this or same pinout to check connections on a motherboard.

Thanks for any help.

PC#1 Pentium 233 MMX - 98SE
PC#2 PIII-1Ghz - 98SE/W2K

Reply 1 of 6, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

newest UMC databook is from 1991 and does not cover that chipset. Many have looked for the datasheet and it remains elusive

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 6, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I wanted to check cache connections to chipset and cpu.
It's on a 486 motherboard.

So annoying 🤣
Now I have to learn which address and data lines I have to check in order to rule out a broken trace.
Still a win but deserves cake.

Reply 3 of 6, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have found Intel 80486 pinouts and there are two different buses, 25/33 and 50mhz.

If I have the addresses involved in L2 cache and this pinout, before I waste time, is it safe to assume that I'll find all connections and can check if cache is in fact communicating to the cpu? (ok, it's not that long of a sentence),
or
there is some chipset connections I have to check too?

I have very little time in the coming weeks and I want to sort out this non working L2 cache.
Thanks

Reply 4 of 6, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I guess unless someone finds these documentations, the only way to solve this issue will be retro-engineering.

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 5 of 6, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I am surprised, by now I thought it would have been out and available to the general public.
Probably these mysteries will never be solved 😀

Guess I'll go slow as a snail and learn something from it.

Last thing, is there a free program to create interactive datasheets, like the ones you see in reapair shops when doing Apple laptops, where you click on a component and it gives you all the connections spanning from?
Worth doing.

Reply 6 of 6, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I checked connections and all is working.
Issue, after months of ???, was a solder joint that, when pressing with probe, would make contact and otherwise not make contact.

Banging my head on the wall so hard neighbours are worried 🤣 🤣

Guess learning is hard way only for me.