VOGONS

First post, by Jollie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Today I came across an ISA card that I cannot seem to find any information on. I tried searching every number I saw and got no results. This came out of a slot 1 AT style MOBO (Model PB50-BX). When I removed the card it had a wire going from J1 on the card to one of the headers on the MOBO. Galaxy brain move, I didn't look before I pulled it off. It was one by all the front panel connectors but I'm not sure which. Here's pics of the card and MOBO for reference.

Thanks!

Attachments

Reply 1 of 3, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I found this.
https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-8613 … a-ballester-_JM

Not sure how helpful it is though. Try searching for the part numbers on the chips, like the big Siemens one. That may tell you what the card is for.

My uneducated analysis is that it is probably not a video card because there aren't any banks of 8+ memory chips. There were some video interfaces that looked like the one on that board though.

It probably isn't a sound card either, unless it is some proprietary speech synthesis card or something.

With no obvious way to attach drives it likely isn't an internal disk interface either.

Maybe it's some sort of data acquisition card for an external device?

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 2 of 3, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jollie wrote on 2021-06-16, 01:31:
Hi all, […]
Show full quote

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Today I came across an ISA card that I cannot seem to find any information on. I tried searching every number I saw and got no results. This came out of a slot 1 AT style MOBO (Model PB50-BX). When I removed the card it had a wire going from J1 on the card to one of the headers on the MOBO. Galaxy brain move, I didn't look before I pulled it off. It was one by all the front panel connectors but I'm not sure which. Here's pics of the card and MOBO for reference.
download/file.php?id=112608&mode=view
Thanks!

OMG that is one dusty odd 8bit card 😀 I see chips dated 1997 so not as old as first thought....
Cannot read the Siemens IC but the V62C51864L-70P is a 8K X 8 Bit Static RAM, as is the dt7130 afaik and the SCC2698BC1A84 is an Octal UART RS485
"RS-485 is typically used to control video surveillance systems or to interconnect security control panels and devices such as access control card readers."
So nothing really of value. My guess is an early video system with the RCA in/out.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun