VOGONS

First post, by kristosh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey!

I hit a dead end while working on a project, maybe there is someone who could help me a bit.

I got hold on an old 386 mobo (an old Highscreen 386 AT to be exact), which i was able to rescue before the old leaky battery killed it. I desoldered the old battery an cleaned up the mess. The mobo works fine now, but, of course now without a battery. To solve this situation i would like to use the 4-pin header for external batteries on the mobo, but i do not know the pinout. Does anybody know how to measure this trough (+/- pins)?

Thanks a lot in advance!

>>tinkerer & chaot extraordinaire<<

Reply 1 of 4, by maxtherabbit

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The two pins in the middle are nothing, ignore those. Use a multimeter to see which of the other two has continuity to ground, that's your negative, the last is positive

Reply 2 of 4, by kristosh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
maxtherabbit wrote on 2021-07-16, 15:24:

The two pins in the middle are nothing, ignore those. Use a multimeter to see which of the other two has continuity to ground, that's your negative, the last is positive

Excellent, now i can finish this Project; thx a lot, for your Help!

>>tinkerer & chaot extraordinaire<<

Reply 4 of 4, by mrwho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had that same problem. Just try both combinations with the outside pins - one will work, the other won't.

“Hey, you sass that hoopy MrWho? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is."
My home retro drivers repository: ftp://retro:drivers@mrwho.duckdns.org