VOGONS

First post, by Half-Saint

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I wanted to swap optical drives in my Toshiba 310CDT laptop. I forgot to unplug all the cables and ended up yanking off the small PCB that's normally attached to the speaker. What puzzles me is that I can't see how this even worked in the first place? The wires are attached to what seems to be a small PCB. No visible contacts or wires that I can see connecting the PCB itself to the speaker. Can I just glue this back to the speaker and it will work or do I need to find a replacement? 😀

Find attached the picture of the victim and a healthy speaker on the other side.

In the end I couldn't even swap drives because the screws that hold the faceplate are in the wrong places... talk about a wasted effort. I should have checked the faceplates first.

Attachments

b15z33-2.png
f425xp-6.png

Reply 1 of 2, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There's two tiny hairlike wires that go through the cone to the coil. You won't get them back on.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 2 of 2, by Half-Saint

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BitWrangler wrote on 2021-08-03, 19:35:

There's two tiny hairlike wires that go through the cone to the coil. You won't get them back on.

Well sh*t... time to look for a replacement.

b15z33-2.png
f425xp-6.png