VOGONS

First post, by butjer1010

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, please, does anybody knows which type hdd (1-66) i have to input in system diagnostic? I have conner cp30101g 120MB inside, but i cannot match hdd type. I tried 50, as stated in manuals for this disk, but it says primary hdd error. This disk worked normally, but after "loosing" power in Dallas cmos battery, i cannot install DOS again. Now i have fixed the cmos battery, and i cannot go further than system diagnostic settings(SP0308).
Thanks in advance

Reply 1 of 7, by leonardo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
butjer1010 wrote on 2021-08-06, 20:19:

Hi, please, does anybody knows which type hdd (1-66) i have to input in system diagnostic? I have conner cp30101g 120MB inside, but i cannot match hdd type. I tried 50, as stated in manuals for this disk, but it says primary hdd error. This disk worked normally, but after "loosing" power in Dallas cmos battery, i cannot install DOS again. Now i have fixed the cmos battery, and i cannot go further than system diagnostic settings(SP0308).
Thanks in advance

According to this reference these settings should work:

MODEL: CP30101G
SIZE: 120 MB
CYL: 762
HDS: 8
SECT: 39
WPCOMP: 0
LZONE: 762
Type: IDE

You say the type field asks for a number, though? Does any of the presets for type allow you to set the other parameters by hand?

[Install Win95 like you were born in 1985!] on systems like this or this.

Reply 2 of 7, by butjer1010

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leonardo wrote on 2021-08-06, 22:07:
According to this reference these settings should work: […]
Show full quote
butjer1010 wrote on 2021-08-06, 20:19:

Thanks in advance

According to this reference these settings should work:

MODEL: CP30101G
CYL: 762
LZONE: 762
Type: IDE

You say the type field asks for a number, though? Does any of the presets for type allow you to set the other parameters by hand?

No, there are no presets for typing manually all of this data. I found that also, but, i cannot use this data in setup diagnostic! Only the selected presets.

Reply 4 of 7, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi, can you boot from floppy?
If you can, please try IDE-Diag or WhatIDE. They can find out physical drive geometry.
Re: IDE disk-on-module + 386

Good luck! 🙂

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 5 of 7, by butjer1010

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Romain wrote on 2022-02-23, 13:52:
Hello, I've found a various value for CYL, on a Compaq User's manual for this model. […]
Show full quote

Hello, I've found a various value for CYL, on a Compaq User's manual for this model.

CYL: 760

But, do you have an error code eon the screen at boot ?

I already changed the disk in this machine, and manage to install dos 6.22. Thanks anyway.

Reply 6 of 7, by butjer1010

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jo22 wrote on 2022-02-23, 17:08:
Hi, can you boot from floppy? If you can, please try IDE-Diag or WhatIDE. They can find out physical drive geometry. Re: IDE dis […]
Show full quote

Hi, can you boot from floppy?
If you can, please try IDE-Diag or WhatIDE. They can find out physical drive geometry.
Re: IDE disk-on-module + 386

Good luck! 🙂

Thanks mate, i've changed the disk, and everything worked ok.