VOGONS

First post, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here is the manual.

How to use:

1. I have renamed atc6240.djvu to atc6240.zip (because djvu wont getting excepted here. And otherwise i have to handle a 7.2 Mb file.

2. Download it and rename the extension back to djvu.

3. There are convertors online which will convert djvu to PDF file and then its useable. Otherwise you need a djvu reader.

Attachments

• Filename
    atc6240.zip
    File size
    397.91 KiB
    Downloads
    41 downloads
    File comment
    Its not a zip (but renamed it to zip) its a djvu file
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 1 of 8, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Robin4 wrote on 2021-09-17, 23:11:
Here is the manual. […]
Show full quote

Here is the manual.

How to use:

1. I have renamed atc6240.djvu to atc6240.zip (because djvu wont getting excepted here. And otherwise i have to handle a 7.2 Mb file.

3. There are convertors online which will convert djvu to PDF file and then its useable. Otherwise you need a djvu reader.

Good find ! Last year found a bunch of Atrend and other manuals in WPC and other old formats. Some were even BitFax raw files 🤣

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 8, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

also got it now in 2 parts in a self extracting archive.

Attachments

• Filename
    atc6240.part2.rar
    File size
    2.52 MiB
    Downloads
    36 downloads
    File license
  • Filename
    atc6240.part1.exe
    File size
    5 MiB
    Downloads
    34 downloads
    File license

Reply 3 of 8, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Horun wrote on 2021-09-17, 23:24:

Good find ! Last year found a bunch of Atrend and other manuals in WPC and other old formats. Some were even BitFax raw files 🤣

Gah yeah, PC Chips is bad for that, find their old manuals and it's a .doc, but that could be a plain text file, a wordpad/rtf doc or a word for windows 5 or 6 document, and it's as bad as putting in a USB you have to try three times until you get the right one. Fax format, heh long time since I've seen that, used to be a mid 90s thing, how stuff got online when the manufacturer didn't have a website yet, TIFF files I remember, but there was a couple of others.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 4 of 8, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Horun wrote on 2021-09-17, 23:24:
Here is the manual. […]
Show full quote

Here is the manual.

How to use:

I think it's a good idea to just convert such old things to PDF when you can, and upload to archive.org or send to UH19 or something.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 5 of 8, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

evasive and I tried to convert some old odd formatted Word+ early .ppt manuals for UH19 but never totally succeeded on a few of them. One was the ATC-1535 which seemed to be a Word doc but had odd wingdings that could not be replicated.... iirc

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 6 of 8, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here is the manual.
How to use:

Ok after conversion and running through Acrobat 6 Pro was able to create a 1.3Mb PDF without loosing much detail, much smaller than the full 7Mb conversion.
There is a scan error on page 45 where you cannot read a full sentence of text. It exists in the .djvu file and cannot be corrected.
Good find ! The original plain ATC-6240M manual, not the V updated versions.
added to Vogons Library: http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … 1&menustate=0,0

Maybe evasive or deksor will add it to UH19 (I seem to have lost my login ugh!)

Reply 7 of 8, by AmiSapphire

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Great find! I actually own that motherboard version, too! (Needs a bit of repair, though.)

Site update: cwcyrix.duckdns.org -> cwcyrix.nsupdate.info due to the former no longer working.

Reply 8 of 8, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
AmiSapphire wrote on 2021-09-18, 23:57:

Great find! I actually own that motherboard version, too! (Needs a bit of repair, though.)

Iam using that board in my new Pentium II build.. Iam busy on it. Things running, but need another scsi cable and find some solution to cool my Seagate Cheetah 36GB LVD Ultra 3 10.000RPM drive.
Which its running on a Adaptec AHA2940uw2 controller.