VOGONS

Reply 20 of 24, by nathanieltolbert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Okay I checked the pin on the 497 chip. With pin 37 I get a reading on pin 2 of J36. But it doesn't drop all the way to zero, probably because the probe I have is big enough that it bridges to another pin on the chip. That being said, it did move. I checked the + side of the battery spot, and I got nothing so, the jumper that controls internal/external battery does appear to be set to external. Except, it doesn't appear to be J11. I got no response with pin 37 to any of the pins on j11. I quadruple checked thinking maybe I had slipped off the pad on the chip. But there was no response.

Reply 21 of 24, by nathanieltolbert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Okay, I tested an external battery using the j36 connector and it's working like it should, which is excellent. I have a SD to IDE adapter on the way, but I am curious. There is an AT case online that I can buy, but what I would really like is to get a desktop AT case rather than a tower. When you all are looking for that, where do you look? I usually just get things locally or on eBay, but neither one really has anything currently. Also need to find an AT PSU. The one I had that was missing the fuse? I replaced it, but I cannot seem to get a reading of voltage for any of the wires that I thought carried power. Does anyone here have any suggestions? I can get an ATX PSU with an adapter, but the case side is a bit more difficult for me, so any suggestions would be very much appreciated. And thank you all for the help with this board.

Reply 22 of 24, by nathanieltolbert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Okay! So I got in a bracket with a PS/2 Mouse connector, and it's a single row like the connector, but it's not keyed, and has colored cables to all go to the back of the PS/2 connector. So the question is, how do I check the pin outs to make sure that I don't damage the board or the connector when plugging it in? I can provide a picture of the PS/2 Connector I got if that helps.

Reply 23 of 24, by retardware

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Using a multimeter, find out which ones are GND and +5V, you don't want to have these wrongly connected.
Clock and data, there are only two possibilities and it should not be critical if being connected wrong way for a brief test.

Reply 24 of 24, by nathanieltolbert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Okay, using the multimeter I have identified which cable goes to which input on the PS/2 connector. Tomorrow I will take a picture of the cable and the connector and notate where each cable color goes. To identify the +5V and the Ground, I need to test while the board is connected to the PSU, correct?