VOGONS

First post, by janskjaer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is a strange one, as I've had this sim plus this stick and throttle setup working before.

After installing EF2000 v2.0, I loaded the stick with the .F22 profile found on the CD-ROM. After then successfully setting up the F-22 Pro and the TQS in the EF2000 CONFIG.EXE, the stick and throttle movement are not recognised.
When running CONFIG.EXE, all devices are first configured in the 'Preferences' section. They can then be tested in the 'Diagnostics' section.
After successfully calibrating the stick and throttle, I tested them in the 'Diagnostics' session, where the tests are PASSED.
However, if I then save, exit and re-run CONFIG.EXE and the diagnostics, I receive the message: ERROR: TEST FAILED. If I go directly into the game from CONFIG.EXE (after successfully calibrating and testing the stick) , the stick and throttle movement do not respond. However, all the stick and throttle buttons are functional.

I do not have this problem with any of the other settings in CONFIG.EXE - sound and display resolution choices are all retained.
I have noticed that CONFIG.DAT's modified date has never changed since the install - should it? I cannot find any other file that is modified after making config changes.

Any experienced F22+TQS users know what I'm doing wrong?

DELL Dimension XPS M200s
:Intel P1 MMX 200MHz
:64MB EDO
:DOS 6.22/Win95b
:Matrox Millenium II + m3D (PowerVR PCX2)
Chaintech 7VJL Apogee
:AMD AthlonXP 2700+
:512MB DDR
:Win98SE/2000 SP4
:3dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP

Reply 1 of 1, by janskjaer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorted - although this is 50% my fault for not checking EF2000 when setting the controller from 'Keyboard' to 'Joystick'.
When that is done, the diagnostics test of the joystick will still fail, reporting "FAILED", but running EF2000 regardless, and the stick and throttle operate as normal. Strange.
I think that I didn't bother trying the stick and throttle in EF2000 when I got the "FAILED" error in the diagnostics.

DELL Dimension XPS M200s
:Intel P1 MMX 200MHz
:64MB EDO
:DOS 6.22/Win95b
:Matrox Millenium II + m3D (PowerVR PCX2)
Chaintech 7VJL Apogee
:AMD AthlonXP 2700+
:512MB DDR
:Win98SE/2000 SP4
:3dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP