VOGONS

First post, by Tommy_

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys,

this is my first post here and i hope this is the right forum section for this.

I have an ASUS P2L97 motherboard, i have some issues installing drivers for a FX5200(the only AGP gpu i got), windows 98 just reboot into a black screen after i install them and then it doesn't start at all but in safe mode.
Reading the changelog of the bios i read that with the last patch they fixed something regarding issues with AGP cards, so in hope of making it work i want to update the BIOS, i have the 1.0 version.
On the MB manual it says to use AFLASH, on the ASUS site the flash tool is still available but is PFLASH, can i use this one? If not does someone have an AFLASH version that still supports this motherboard?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is an extremely stupid question...
Have a good day!

Reply 1 of 3, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Off the top of my head, something around version 5 of AwardFlash should work. AWDFLASH .. but I'm thinking you maybe have voltage incompatibility.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 2 of 3, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The last time I had an Asus motherboard old enough to need Aflash, I used Uniflash instead as it can be difficult to find the right version of Aflash. https://www.rainbow-software.org/uniflash/

"I'd rather be rich than stupid" - Jack Handey

Reply 3 of 3, by Tommy_

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Repo Man11 wrote on 2021-11-25, 17:25:

The last time I had an Asus motherboard old enough to need Aflash, I used Uniflash instead as it can be difficult to find the right version of Aflash. https://www.rainbow-software.org/uniflash/

Thank you very much I succeded flashing the bios with uniflash, but sadly the problem with the fx5200 continues, I'm starting to think that the card is broken.