VOGONS

First post, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

While loading default drivers, towards the end my Wyse CX0 thin client reboots. It's the upgrade version of NT if that matters. It went through the whole preinstall sequence just fine on another computer.

The cx0 has a Via Eden processor, 512mb of ram and a 4gb transcend ssd (ide style, 44 pin connector). Is the sequence of drivers determined according to a script of some sorts? It may not be the problem, but if I could modify the script and burn a new disk (or thumb drive), who knows.

What are you all using to burn early Windows version to USB sticks?

Reply 1 of 2, by douglar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Could be many reasons. Most likely reason would be an incompatabile driver.

Which version do you have? https://www.parkytowers.me.uk/thin/wyse/cx0/
Wyse C00LE Zero client with no local operating system. Used with Wyse WSM provisioning software for a PC experience on a thin desktop.
Wyse C10LE Featuring the blisteringly fast Wyse ThinOS designed for high security environments.
Wyse C30LE Windows CE 6 - Microsoft's componentized real-time operating system for small footprint devices.
Wyse C90LE Windows XP Embedded - runs thousands of existing Windows applications and drivers.
Wyse C90LEW Take advantage of the power of Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard.

Reply 2 of 2, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No os was included. I currently have Win2k AS installed. Because of storage constraints I figured I'd give NT a shot (and have even contemplated writing graphics drivers if necessary).

Incidentally I added the ssd. It came with a miserable 128mb card. I have a cf adapter, and an 8gn cf card. Could try that but I can't see that making any difference. I ought to stick with 2k or XP. I just ordered both resource kits for nt, so I'm kind of committed mentally.

I just want.to toy with the thing for programming and such. It's not a screamer when it comes to gaming.