VOGONS

First post, by Grayshazzle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello everyone, so am working on my VIA Apollo 133A motherboard and I have come across some confusion. I want to have HDD LEDs but why four pins? (If it doesn't work out I will just be fine with the onboard LED for my HDD hot swap 5.25 bay). I only have two on my connectors, any adapters?
Also, where is the power LED? Is it WUM or WOL and WHAT are those? Does this board even have the option, if not, it's not the end of the world but at least would like to know. And I am aware that LED jumpers are side sensitive (+ or -) but not anything else that involves just basic functions. If someone could help me that would be great as the documentation for this board if very hard for me to find (Pine board or something). Pics are below, also I cropped the second photo as I simply just didn't want my hands showing 🤣. Thanks everyone, have a great day/night.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    Filename
    1.jpg
    File size
    1.59 MiB
    Views
    File license
    CC-BY-4.0
  • 2.jpg
    Filename
    2.jpg
    File size
    337.44 KiB
    Views
    File license
    CC-BY-4.0

Reply 1 of 3, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Looks like standard case connectors in bottom picture.
Not sure what motherboard you have being "VIA Apollo 133" applies to many and that picture is blurry (the one with your hand is good ;p )
Jethro's Rule #2 : always give the make and model of any part you need help on OR give a full picture. 🤣

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 3, by quicknick

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I might be wrong, but I think WUM/WUL really should be WOM/WOL (wake on modem/LAN).
Also, your power led goes to pins 1-2 or 1-3 of the 'keylock' header (pin 1 positive, pins 2 and 3 ground).