VOGONS

First post, by haker120

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've got this mobo with 1GHz Piii processor, I had few issues I managed to fix but now I'm stuck with no sound at all. I mean I can use any ISA/PCI sound card but this integrated emulates even sound blaster so why not?

Problems I had and fixed:
Nvidia FX5700LE had a hardware confllict with AHCPI thingy and I didn't find solution other to replace (card fortunately fully working) to Ti4200.
Hanging POST, that was odly caused by dead CMOS battery
PC don't booting at all, this one was annoying and manual helped, jumpers to reset CMOS was set to actually reset not default.

If someone has a knowledge how to fix, or/and drivers for integrated sound card I'd be grateful. 😀

Reply 1 of 2, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
haker120 wrote on 2022-04-15, 08:28:
I've got this mobo with 1GHz Piii processor, I had few issues I managed to fix but now I'm stuck with no sound at all. I mean I […]
Show full quote

I've got this mobo with 1GHz Piii processor, I had few issues I managed to fix but now I'm stuck with no sound at all. I mean I can use any ISA/PCI sound card but this integrated emulates even sound blaster so why not?

Problems I had and fixed:
Nvidia FX5700LE had a hardware confllict with AHCPI thingy and I didn't find solution other to replace (card fortunately fully working) to Ti4200.
Hanging POST, that was odly caused by dead CMOS battery
PC don't booting at all, this one was annoying and manual helped, jumpers to reset CMOS was set to actually reset not default.

If someone has a knowledge how to fix, or/and drivers for integrated sound card I'd be grateful. 😀

Which OS are you using? Have you already tried these drivers? - https://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdownloads.asp?model=m6vci

Reply 2 of 2, by haker120

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok, so I managed to get rid off of errors in device manager, setting up DOS games 'see' settings I put in BIOS and matching in device manager but no luck, Win98 plays music and sounds, DOS mode is completely mute but doesn'tt spit errors when trying to set it up. How can I fix that?

Device manager sees it as SoundBlaster Pro or compatible [5-5-1999] MS driver.

In the end I disabled sound in BIOS and I'm using Aureal Vortex 2 + Sound Blaster 16 CT2910 noise-free as 2 separate device profiles. 😁