VOGONS

First post, by treeman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a biostar 486 8433uud which has a ds12887a+ I changed it years ago can't remember what it had originally, regardless it works and has been working fine. I found some old ds1287 so decided to make a few coin battery mods.
I tried on 2 of them and both ds1287 give me the checksum error when booting. It doesn't give me low memory error just checksum errror restore defaults. Obviously I can't make any bios settings stick because this error comes on each boot.

I checked the battery it has a steady 3v, it is wired up correct. ds1287 is a direct replacement for ds12887a from what I read so it should be compatible?

There is really not much to wire and I checked my wiring it looks good. Yes I did disconnect the original ground on pin 16 and soldered negative to the disconnected ground on the bottom.

Anybody run into this issue before?

here is a picture
PXL-20220420-130125423.jpg

Reply 1 of 2, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The 12887A is replacement for 1287A, the 12887 non-A is replacement for 1287 non-A. The "A" have a cmos clear pin.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun