VOGONS

First post, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey, I found a "secret", semi-abandoned IT storage at my new job. As you can guess, it was exciting and amazing 😀

Not so many spectacular things in there but still grabbed a few interesting/userful things, more floppies than I'll ever need in a lifetime, floppy drives, CD drives, various cables (audio, IDE, vga, some of them brand new in box...)

Funnily, also found original 5.25" floppies for Electronic Arts' Low Blow - not a great game by any stretch, but a funny find in a industrial factory IT storage.

pic (2).jpeg
Filename
pic (2).jpeg
File size
153.38 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Another find was a shitload of 64 pin SIMMs I haven't been able to identify...I highly doubt those were meant to be used in Amiga or Apple computers 😁 I thought about HP printers? Or maybe specific industrial machines?
My googling of various stickers and ID's found on the chips has come out empty. Would anyone be able to ID those?

pic (4).jpeg
Filename
pic (4).jpeg
File size
358.52 KiB
Views
File license
pic (1).jpeg
Filename
pic (1).jpeg
File size
322.56 KiB
Views
File license

And finally the real "score" of the haul...a Logitech C7 serial mouse in near-mint condition, dirty cable excepted! The very first Logitech branded retail mouse from 1985, that's so cool! The buttons are extremely satisfying to click even today.
Here it is, next to one of its youngest siblings:

pic (3).jpeg
Filename
pic (3).jpeg
File size
284.64 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 1 of 4, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just counted them - I have 24 of the yellow PCB ones, and 24 of the green PCB ones. Hope they could still be useful for something, or maybe the chips themselves could be useful to create new SIMMs (@Tiido for example?)

Reply 4 of 4, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Necroposting my own thread as I'm doing some cleaning and just stumbled upon those 64p SIMMs again...I have no use for them but I just hate throwing stuff away.

Would anyone want them? Maybe to reuse the RAM chips, or whatever?