VOGONS

First post, by user33331

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello
Made some final changes here it is done and happy with it. Looks like old 1990s keyboards.
1.) Chassis Body= Glorious GMMK V1.0 full-size ISO barebone 105 keys.
Would have wanted white color chassis but Glorious only sells black color for full size ISO barebone 🙁
2.) Switches= Glorious panda, greased with Krytox GPL-205G0 and DIY 67 gram actuation springs. ( Have also some older 2020 Feker Pink Jades+Feker Smokey Tactile Whites which are not made anymore.)
3.) Keycaps= Cherry-profile, PBT and combination of these sets bought from cheap Chinese sites:
- Varmilo CMYK, ISO Swedish/Nordic keycaps.
- 134 Keys 9009 Keycaps (Dye Sub Cherry Profile/104 TKL 61 84 96 Using).
- 165 Keys Building Blocks Color Keycap Set Cherry Profile PBT Sublimation Japanese Keycaps for DIY Mechanical keyboard.
- Akko 9009 Retro Keyboard Keycaps 177 Keys Cherry Profile PBT Double-Shot Full Keycap Set.

Very, very unbelievably difficult to find the right color and markings on certain keycaps.
Especially if ISO-Swedish/Finnish keycaps are wanted.
Every keycap set usually is 99% USA ANSI.

Attachments

• Keyboard22.jpg
    Filename
    Keyboard22.jpg
    File size
    175.99 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • Keyboard11.jpg
    Filename
    Keyboard11.jpg
    File size
    198.69 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 2 of 3, by user33331

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

USB and use it with a modern computer. ( I have real old genuine DIN and PS/2 keyboards for vintage PCs.)
- Amazing thing is that with GMMK-software you can control boards RGB-LEDs and select your own favorite backlight color.
I use light blue as backlight color.

Many chinese boards: hot swappable or not have only solid 1x color LEDs meaning you can not change colors without desoldering.
GMMKs RGB-LEDs are minority.

I haven't tried it with PS/2 or DIN adapters.
Could be possible that it works plug and play with adapters on older computers.

Reply 3 of 3, by user33331

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh and I can not emphasize the odd stock of China made keycap sets they happen to appear and disappear quickly from market.
- If you find and like some Chinese keycap set particularly you better act quick and buy it because once it is sold out it usually never appears again for restock. ( Similar as with buying some LED-flashlights. )
- Chinese make only low numbers of certain keycap sets.