VOGONS

First post, by arncht

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Mostly i found cache vlb controllers from 1993, but basically no “normal” single or dual channel controllers.
Does somebody have photo about “normal” vlb controller from 1993?

My little retro computer world
Overdoze of the demoscene

Reply 2 of 8, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't know about specifically 1993 but these sorts of cards were quite common in the form of a "VLB I/O card" with with IDE, serial, parallel, floppy. A web image search will find you a lot of photos.

Reply 3 of 8, by jskyboo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If it doesn't have to be 1993, the QD6580 is a nice card if you can find it and it is supported by XTIDE so it can support larger drives that older BIOSes can't.
http://retropc.sk/obrazky/radic/qdi/QD6580vlb.jpg

Reply 4 of 8, by JSO

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have multiple VLB I/O controllers. Some have dual IDE channel, some other not.

I also bought one with SCSI alongside with IDE headers.

But in my i486Dx2 66 MHz I'm using the PT-627 B revision with dual IDE channels with no issues.

DOS IS THE POWER OF OUR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!

Reply 5 of 8, by TheMobRules

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a totally "normal" VLB controller from 1993, by that I mean it has 1 floppy controller, 1 IDE controller (single channel), parallel and serial ports (no gameport). Not sure if you're looking for anything else.

You can see from the pictures that all components and PCB are dated late 1992/early 1993.

Attachments

• IDE-2V_back.jpg
    Filename
    IDE-2V_back.jpg
    File size
    523.28 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    IDE-2V (back)
    File license
    Public domain
  • IDE-2V_front.jpg
    Filename
    IDE-2V_front.jpg
    File size
    587.26 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    IDE-2V (front)
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 7 of 8, by arncht

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
TheMobRules wrote on 2022-12-10, 17:03:

I have a totally "normal" VLB controller from 1993, by that I mean it has 1 floppy controller, 1 IDE controller (single channel), parallel and serial ports (no gameport). Not sure if you're looking for anything else.

You can see from the pictures that all components and PCB are dated late 1992/early 1993.

thx, this is, what i am looking for. i have more vlb controllers, but mostly late 94, early 95.
the oldest one is a cache controller from very early 94.

it should not be so common, on the google is also mostly 94-95.

My little retro computer world
Overdoze of the demoscene