VOGONS

First post, by mattw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I am looking for Video BIOS(es) for PC from NumberNine IMAGINE128 II graphics card(s). I had one, but it turned out it's flashed with vBIOS for Macintosh and for Mac fans - I am attaching that Mac vBIOS to my post. So, I would really appreciate if someone can provide PC vBIOS and so I can try and make the card work on PC. thanks!

Attachments

Reply 1 of 3, by mattw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I found @Stiletto mentioned here:

Re: Number Nine Imagine 128 - Windows 3x driver and DOS utility

he even got updated "Imagine 128 Series 2" BIOS from Number Nine and I perfectly understand why they sent him ROM chip - it cannot be updated in software, because it uses 27C512 chip - I made the above dump with hardware programmer as well. BTW, found 4 more "Imagine 128" Video BIOSes for MAC - using different RAM, i.e WRAM and VRAM, but not a single BIOS for PC!

Reply 2 of 3, by mattw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

by pure accident I found that only few months ago @pancakepuppy posted BIOS here:

Re: Number Nine Imagine 128 Series II problems. Bad memory possibly?

I am not sure if it will work, but I am very optimistic, because the MAC card I have has the exact same IBM memory. Huge thank you to @pancakepuppy !

Reply 3 of 3, by mattw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

another user asked 4 years ago about PC BIOS for the exact same cards as mine here:

Number Nine Imagine 128 II, BIOS needed

and the bad news is that @pancakepuppy PC BIOS from here:

Re: Number Nine Imagine 128 Series II problems. Bad memory possibly?

is not working - I've tried it very hard with programming few 27C PLCC32 EPROM chips (different brand in case the card doesn't like for some reason the EPROM chip itself). So, my attempt was unsuccessful.... It's still good card for old Power Macs with support for QuickDraw 3D acceleration, etc.