VOGONS

First post, by CADuke

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just acquired a Tyan Tiger 230 S2507 for parts or repair. The board posts and boots but the problem is all 4 fan ports do not spin up the fans. I am going to guess the two 800MHz PIIIs it came with are no good. Yum, toasty. I am using two 1BGHz SL52Rs. Unfortunately, I am away, and will be a bit before I can mess with it again. The BIOS is similar to my S1834 with only a few options different. I did not see any fan control, only the monitoring. I am going to reflash the CMOS to make sure it is not a BIOS issue, especially since there is an S2507, S2507S, and S2507T. I don't see any bad caps, but I will look at it under a scope when I get a chance.
If I can't fix it, I think I will roll the dice and use a 3-pin to 4-pin Molex adapter or period-correct fan controller, to replace my Tiger 133 S1834 as my Windows 2000 Pro machine.

Reply 2 of 2, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Welcome to the forum!😃

Boards of that time usually have all fan headers hooked up in parallel and switched by a single transistor. If that transistor fails there's no power on any fan header.
Try to find that transistor and see if it failed open.