VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mcomp72

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In case you haven't heard yet, Vivendi has agreed to allow King's Quest IX to continue! They are granting a "fan license" to the makers of the games! The Save King's Quest IX campaign has been a success!

For more information, you can visit:
http://www.kqix.com

I want to thank everyone who participated in the campaign. It is only because of your support that we were able to save the game.

To those of you who posted things like "this will never work" or "you are wasting your time" in this or other forums around the net, it is with great pleasure that I say this: YOU WERE WRONG. I don't say that to gloat. I say it to get your attention, and to make a point. The point is this: don't underestimate what people can do if they rally together for a cause they believe in. If you assume from the beginning that you can not change something, and you don't try, then you will definitely not be able to change it. But if you realize that it IS possible, and you DO try, then you DO have a chance at changing it. I hope everyone takes that to heart.

Again, thank you to everyone who sent letters and emails to Vivendi, as well as everyone that blogged about the campaign or otherwise helped to spread the word. Feel free to help spread the word about this wonderful piece of news.

Last but certainly not least, I want to thank Vivendi for listening to the fans and allowing the game to continue.

Reply 2 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm glad to hear this. For the record, I totally agreed with the idea of an organized effort to let Vivendi know what the community thinks -- I just didn't think the idea of spamming canned form letters at them would be particularly effective. I guess it worked after all though.

Reply 4 of 5, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nice. Good news indeed.

I would have hated to se all the work already put into this project just dissapear into the ether.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 5 of 5, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Like ChaosFish I will probably not play it, but it's good for the fans and those who have put a lot of time and effort into it.

Now if they could just do the same for that Chrono Trigger remake I'd be happy.

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)