VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I finally got my XBOX 360 (won it too, free stuff rocks!), so I was wondering if anyone here has one, or have played around with one and could recommend some good games.
I was thinking of getting PGR3, but from the reviews I've read it seems rather buggy so I'm only going to get it if they fix it. Looked at CoD2 but damn, that game is expensive!

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)

Reply 1 of 5, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Don't have a 360 (nor will I ever) but aren't there only around 20 games out for it at the moment?

A friend has one and has said PGR is OK, Tiger Woods is great (he likes golf games!) and Quake 4 is also better than expected. COD2 is 'busy' and he cannot manage more than an hours play per session. I think he's got something else but can't recall what it is.

Reply 2 of 5, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Crap. Still sold out everywhere around here. With luck maybe I'll get one by march.

I'm looking forward to Burnout Revenge on the 360. The latest shots of it look beyond sweet. Otherwise DOA4 looks yummy with all the "jiggly" action it provides.

First person shooters I'd still rather play on the PC. (just pointing that out) 😊

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 3 of 5, by vasyl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

PGR3 is very good, only has some issues with load times. Not nearly as buggy as you might think after reading some reviews -- keep in mind, quite a few XBox360 reviews and complains are written by people that never touched one. NFS: Most Wanted is one of the better NFS games. Kameo is good in some odd way -- if you liked Oddworld Stranger, chances are pretty good you'll like Kameo. CoD2 and DOA4 are both very good but not for everybody.

Reply 4 of 5, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for the replies, I think I should have mentioned that I don't like sports games, nor aren't really a fan of first person shooters. I've tried the CoD2 demo and it seems like it could be good once you get really used to the controlls. I actually held of buying PGR3 'cause of reviews picking on all kinds of bugs and went for Kameo. Only problem is that all games are expensive like I don't know what. CoD2 costs almost as much as if you would buy the HDD separate. 😒

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)

Reply 5 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

War games are not my thing but from what I've heard of COD fans COD2 is basically COD1 with updated grapjhics.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline