VOGONS

Common searches

List the PC games that you have beaten

Topic actions

Reply 140 of 772, by Anonymous Freak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Too many to remember, I've been PC gaming for 30 years now.

The one that specifically comes to mind as "impressive" was finishing The 7th Guest fairly quickly after release. The creators (Rob Landeros and Graeme Devine,) came to speak at a local event only a month or two after its release. A friend and I went to the talk - there were about 100 people there. They asked if anyone had beat the game yet, I was the only one to raise my hand. They gave me a keychain with the company logo (that has long since been lost.)

Reply 141 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

You lost me. What is rot13?

ebg13 sbb!
uggc://jjj.ebg13.pbz/vasb.cuc

http://www.rot13.com/info.php

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 142 of 772, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

You lost me. What is rot13?

oh, it's--
*looks at username*
*looks at post count*
ah, you almost got me! 😜

You cannot fall off the floor.
If you look hard enough, you'll find something you don't like.

How to ask questions the smart way
How to become a hacker
How to answer smart-alec questions

Reply 144 of 772, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Today I beat RAGE, was better then I expected.
But seems like all the textures were made 4-5 years ago??? Oh hey consoles.
Stupid joysick interface and no key binds for PC users either, shame on you Carmack.

Reply 145 of 772, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Recently I played through the registered version of Hocus Pocus by Apogee. I'd had the shareware version as a kid but never the registered.

I have to say, the game is a bit disappointing. It has nice graphics and sound but its really let down by poor level design.

A recurring theme seems to be pits of spikes or lava in between short platforms of equal length and height, with enemies spawning on them. This will go on for over a dozen pits and it seems every second level has this. Gets very repetitive quickly.

Its also quite annoying how enemies warp in, and often they don't start warping until you're in midair heading for their platform. So you have to be very trepid, jumping towards each platform and then landing back on the previous one, to make the enemies spawn - then you shoot them from across the gap before jumping across and repeating the process ad nauseum.

I also found there was a lot of backtracking in some of the levels and a few of them had elevators, which were possible to get stuck under, or left in an inaccessable position requiring you to restart the level.

Finally, I played it on normal but I found the enemies to be damage sponges. Enemies would take 6 or so shots to die, which isn't so bad, but when you have a couple of hundred enemies on each level to go through, and rapid-fire is only available as a limited powerup, you get very sick of tapping the fire button. On those repeating platforms I mentioned before, you'd often get 5 or more enemies on each one.

Overall pretty disappointing, best to stick to shareware for this one.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 146 of 772, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Finally got around to Portal 2, picked it up for under $10 during Steam's Christmas sale. Well worth it. I recommend playing the first game before this one, the story will be that much better.

On another note both Portal games are very compatible with SoftTH just in case all your monitors dont match. 😉

beatportal2.jpg

Reply 147 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Finished Skyrim today

Played for 112 hrs
Level 52

There's about 15+ quests in the Misc section and of course all of the perpetual quests for each guild.

Also there are a few Forts and Dragons and I'm sure some undiscovered areas I haven't bothered to go to but I'm putting those off until the DLC .

Reply 148 of 772, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

one-does-not-simply-finish-skyrim.jpg

🤣 kidding aside, I have never been able to beat Ultima 5! I always get stuck in the last dungeon, Doom...

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 149 of 772, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have finished Mass Effect 3.

I don't know why some people is pretty pissed up with the ending. It's okay to me but I don't want to spoil the fun.

My main complaint is the interface which could be better and that I had the constant feeling that almost all weapons sucked and some enemies are way too overpowered (banshees come to mind). I made an infiltrator as my main character, by the way.

Other than that an interesting closing chapter for the trilogy.

Talking about the finale: This guy is hilarious

Reply 150 of 772, by lordbritish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Golden Axe
An American Tail: Fievel Goes West
Prince of Persia
Prince of Persia 2
Bioforge
Ultima 7 Part 2 Serpent Isle & Silverseed
Ultima 7 Part 1 The Black Gate & Forge of Virtue
Ultima 8 PAGAN
Ultima 9 Ascension
Lands of Lore
Betrayal at Krondor
Darksun Shattered Lands
Conan the Cimmerian
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Monkey Island
Leisure Suit Larry 1 EGA
Quest for Glory 1 EGA
Quest for Glory 1 VGA
Quest for Glory 2
Quest for Glory 3
GODS
Police Quest 1 EGA
Kings Quest 1 VGA
Morrowind
Oblivion
Warcraft 1
Warcraft 2
Warcraft 3
Baldurs Gate 1
Baldurs Gate 2
Neverwinter Nights
Neverwinter Nights 2
Fallout 3 and Expansions
Diablo 1
Diablo 2
Nox
Warlords Battlecry 1
Warlords Battlecry 2
Warlords Battlecry 3
Dune 2
Dune Emperor
Orcs must Die
Titans Quest
Starcraft II

Reply 153 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Gur bar jurer furcneq gnxrf pbageby bs gur erncref.

V gubhtug gur raqvat jnf cerggl ubeevoyr. Gurer fubhyq unir orra n orggre rkcynangvba bs jung unccrarq jvgu nyy bs gur inevbhf enprf nf n erfhyg bs lbhe npgvbaf, vafgrnq lbh frr gur snprf bs lbhe perj zngrf orsber lbh "qvr", gur erncre fuvcf yrnivat, naq n penfurq Abeznaql.

Sbe n frevrf gung pnerf zber nobhg orvat pvarzngvp guna orvat n tnzr gurl fher qvq fxvzc ba gur raqvat.

Textures were horrible. In some places I saw textures that looked like Rage (ID Software). .
Backgrounds in some areas looked like from out of Duke3D you could even see the seperation between textures. Yeah. Mid 90's era graphics in a 2012 game.

Lame romantic elements. I don't even know why Bioware bothers. I'm playing Alan Wake right now and they seem to do a better job of it.

When buying items on the Promenade your character can get stuck by NPC characters....you can't even push past them so you have to reload.

Every single frigging time you return from another mission you are stuck in that vid room.....why can't they deposit you in the CiC? (Oh so you can listen to the door guards who are guarding what exactly? A conference room??!!)

Speaking of, alot of times when you get back from a mission the intercom mentions that Hackett wants you on vid comm....but he doesn't......

Mods for weapons seem pretty useless.

Blocking saving in alot of places just seems like they did so to piss me off. I hate having to replay the same shit over and over and over and over. (yeppee I can kill the same enemies again 5 times) If you are going to block saving then just have a skip lame spammy fight sequence so I can get on with the game.

Reply 154 of 772, by CapnCrunch53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh man... this probably isn't complete, but to the best of my knowledge, I've beaten:

Myst
Riven
Myst III: Exile
Uru: Complete Chronicles
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Portal
Portal 2
Mass Effect
Halo: Combat Evolved
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and the Damned
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballod of Gay Tony
Mirror's Edge
Fallout 3
Dear Esther
Call of Duty IV: Modern Warfare

Wow that list seems pretty small... I'm sure there's some that I'm forgetting, and of course that doesn't include multiplayer stuff either.

EDIT: Already remembered another, COD4. I'll add more if I recall them.

PCs, Macs, old and new... too much stuff.

Reply 156 of 772, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Beat the Modern Warfare 2, it was ho-hum. Playing in pan-o-ramtastic mode [5120x1200] did make the game more fun though.

Playing games on a multi-monitor setup reminds me of the early days of 3D acceleration. Where you mostly selected the games to play if it would take advantage of your Voodoo card. 🤣 You even have to deal with the same config issues and patches/fixes of old.

beatmodernwarfare2.jpg

Reply 157 of 772, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Last month I finished Final Fantasy 5 on my SNES using a translated cart, yesterday I finished FF6 (aka FF3 for the SNES release)

FF5 was the better game IMHO. The jobs system was much better than the Espers and I kind of felt the ending to FF6 was not as climactic as the one to FF5.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 159 of 772, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not much time for playing games but this week I finished Another World. The 15th anniversary edition from GOG,com.

Great game.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel