Topic actions

Reply 700 of 772, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Nexxen wrote on 2020-12-17, 13:53:

I managed to beat Alley Cat, twice.
Chuck Norris patted me on the back, it was awesome!

That’s really impressive 😳 I never managed to finish that game, not when I was a kid and not even today I still fail. The other person addicted to this game in the past was my mother and she also did not beat it. This should be #1 on the list for this thread. Alley Cat isn’t exactly easy!

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 701 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Cyberpunk 2077
58hr 54m

Tons of gigs, crimes, agent saboteur things to do but I've completed all the story missions.
Experienced no game breaking bugs or much oddness at all really. Only two things I can recall was falling through the map once and no notice for what button to press to leave a braindance.
Ran well enough to play at 3840x1600 on my 1080ti although would have been nice to play on a new video card if they were available and not paper launched.
Played the game on hard all the way through except for one fight during the parade where I had to drop the difficulty.
The map is very large and I feel like I haven't seen much of it even at 58hrs.

Now I need to tackle:
Control DLC
Dyling Light Hellraid
Finishing Horizon Zero Dawn
The Talos Principle
Outcast Second Contact
Wasteland series
Renant From the Ashes
Finishing Witcher 3
Project Warlock
Forsaken Remastered
Finishing Gears 5
Finishing Dusk
Possibly bore myself to death with Halo 2+
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Finish the Outer worlds and play the DLC
Doom 64 Retribution
Serious Sam 4
Red Dead Redemption 2 (Thinking this one will be next)
Resident Evil 3
Doom Eternal DLC (when there is a crack to play without the drm)
Duke Nukem 3D World Tour
Finish Prey Mooncrash
etc
etc

Last edited by DosFreak on 2021-01-17, 02:06. Edited 4 times in total.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 702 of 772, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DosFreak wrote on 2021-01-17, 01:58:
Cyberpunk 2077 58hr 54m […]
Show full quote

Cyberpunk 2077
58hr 54m

Tons of gigs, crimes, agent saboteur things to do but I've completed all the story missions.
Experienced no game breaking bugs or much oddness at all really. Only two things I can recall was falling through the map once and no notice for what button to press to leave a braindance.
Ran well enough to play at 3840x1600 on my 1080ti although would have been nice to play on a new video card if they were available and not paper launched.
Played the game on hard all the way through except for one fight during the parade where I had to drop the difficulty.
The map is very large and I feel like I haven't seen much of it even at 58hrs.

Was it worth it?

Reply 703 of 772, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Eschalon: Book III

Although not everyone who played this trilogy was happy with the ending, I felt it was a very satisfying conclusion to this trilogy. I loved the plot, it leaves a lot of questions unanswered while still answering the bulk of them. Back in Book I, there is a point where you intentionally wipe your memory to prevent the chance of giving up the location of some crucial plot items to the wrong people. At the end of Book III, the fact that you don't have a memory of certain events leads to uncertainty in the final outcome. Which side you choose to fight on depends on who you believe (since you can't draw on your own memories). You can finish the game either way, but you do decide which side you fight for in the endgame battle.

eb3-2.png
Filename
eb3-2.png
File size
972.72 KiB
Views
File license
GPL-2.0-or-later

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 704 of 772, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Doom 3 BFG

This actually turned out to be a pretty decent game! Took me almost 21 hours to finish over the course of 26 days. I rate it 80/100, which is actually on the lower end of all the FPS games I've completed. I have a skewed rating system:
If it's barely good enough for me to bother finishing, it gets a 70. As a comparison, other games I've rated 80 include Unreal and F.E.A.R.

I'd say when it started to get really good was when I reached the Monorail and Delta Labs. Then it went up another notch from Hell through the ending. I'm glad I pushed through. This was a game that I had to play in short spurts (typically 30 minutes at a time) because it was just too stressful to put myself through more. 😉

Reply 705 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Borderlands 3
Finished the game and all DLC. there are about a dozen or so side mission fetch quests to finish but no thanks.
Played at around 45-50fps on a 1080ti at 3840x1600 at max settings.

Was only able to play this game since Denuvo was removed (I don't play denuvo infected games). Works well with the Goldberg steam emu.

Reply 706 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Resident Evil 3
No performance issues or crashes
Took about 7+hrs. The constant boss battles with Nemesis were annoying.

Reply 707 of 772, by xcomcmdr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

PC only:

Another World
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Blazing Chrome
Blade Runner
Chroma Squad
Day of the Tentacle
Dragon Age
Dragon Age 2 (not worth it)
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2
Deus Ex
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper 2
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Ion Fury
Jade Empire
Hotline Miami
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Tyrian 2000
The Ultimate Doom
Doom II
Quake
Quake II
Death Rally
Dune
Dune II
Dune 2000
Flashback
Fade to Black
Interstate '76
Chasm: The Rift
Carmageddon
Carmageddon II
Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
Command & Conquer: Renegade
Cybermage: Darklight Awakening
Fallout
Fallout 2
Max Payne
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat
Metal Gear Solid
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Neverwinter Nights (bioware)
Neverwinter Nights 2
No One Lives Forever: Game of the Year Edition
Organ Trail: Director's Cut
Syndicate
Theme Hospital
Planescape: Torment
Prince of Persia
Sam & Max: Hit The Road
Supreme Commander
System Shock 2
Transarctica (A.KA. Artic Baron)
Unreal
Unreal: Return to Na Pali
Unreal Tournament Gold (Single Player campaign only, obviously)
Resident Evil
Resident Evil (remake)
Resident Evil 2 (original)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (original)
Resident Evil 4
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
Screamer
The Secret of Monkey Island
The Curse of Monkey Island
The X-Files Game
Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon
Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive
Tex Murphy: Overseer
Tesla Effect
Vampire: Redemption
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
UFO: Enemy Unknown
X-Com: Terror from the Deep
X-Com: Apocalypse
X-Com: Interceptor
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
XCOM: Enemy Within
XCOM: Enemy Within - Long War (MOD)
XCOM 2
XCOM 2 : War of the Chosen
XCOM: Chimera Squad
Vlad Tepes Dracula
Z

Reply 708 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Days Gone

Repetitive but can use different methods to solve objectives.
Dealing with hordes is boring so only did those that were part of missions.
Decent story
Runs well at 3840X1600 on a 1080ti
For Steam use steamless to remove the Steam requirement

Reply 709 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A Plague Tale Innocence
Need to use Nemirtingas Epic Emulator to play without the Epic client
No performance issues or crashes
Two frustrating bits near the end close to each other that you have to try many times to get past.
Decent story, graphics are good enough and puzzles aren't frustrating.

Reply 710 of 772, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Kingdom Come: Deliverance
158 hours and 24 minutes in about 6 months. It was actually the only game I played during those 6 months.

I finished the main quest and epilogue last night. Since I am free to roam the world, I may end up doing a few more side quests, DLC quests and maybe following some treasure maps. It's such a realistic, livable world that I could imagine just playing the game by"living" in it without any quests whatsoever. There's plenty of secrets, caches and loot in the massive forests, so just roaming the woods and stumbling upon these things is motivation enough.

As for the game, I'd probably rank it right up there with my favorite RPGs of all time. It's definitely got weak points, but the overall experience and the amount of fun I had puts it right up at the top. I'm not a fan of real-time combat. I much prefer turn-based, but the way they designed combat in KCD, I really took a liking to it. Especially the archery. When I got lucky enough to make an amazing shot with my bow, it was one of the most satisfying feelings. There were two times this happened. One mid-game, and one at the final battle last night. We were storming a castle. Our troops placed a ladder to scale the walls and I stood on the ground below, trying to hit enemies shooting arrows down on us. I only took a couple of shots, but one of them ended up being a headshot, which I only knew after I climbed the ladder and scaled the wall.

The storyline was amazing and from what I understand, almost entirely factually based on the history of the Bohemian region in 1403. The character development was very satisfying. You could focus on melee weapons, archery, stealth, diplomacy, reading, alchemy, hunting, dog or horse training, or all of the above. You could follow the main quest exclusively, dabble in side quests and DLC, or do it all. I ended up spending a huge chunk of time on a group of side quests meant to rid the region of bandits. During about 50 hours of this, I put the main quest on hold, and in the end I had leveled Henry up to the point where the rest of the game was fun but not difficult.

Here's the obligatory endgame screenshot:

2021-09-23 19_40_46-Kingdom Come_ Deliverance.png
Filename
2021-09-23 19_40_46-Kingdom Come_ Deliverance.png
File size
1.96 MiB
Views
File license
GPL-2.0-or-later

Reply 711 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Beyond A Steel Sky
8hrs 50m

Seems like there are a lot of references to the first game that you'd get if you played it but I never got around to it.
Puzzles are simple but there are situations where you don't know what to do, the hint system in the game helps there.
Graphics are fine and fit the game well.
No performance issues.
DRM free on GOG

Psychonauts 2 is next!

Reply 712 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Finished Psychonauts 2
Not very difficult but as with most games like this alot of situations where you'll die because you don't know if you can do something. No penalty since the game saves often.
Lots of powers to use and they can be mapped to controls but since I'd constantly switch which button they go to on the controller I'd constantly have issues remembering which power went with which button even all the way to the end so that was annoying.
Levels are geared for you going back and re-visiting to get all the items since even on a first playthrough you won't be able to get them all.
No crashes or performance issues.
Graphics are good enough but on the low end.

Reply 714 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Played mabye 10hrs or so back on 11-28-2016 and then never got around to completing it.
Started from scratch on 10-10-2021 and finished 10-30-2021, played all story content and DLC.
Played with GOG executable and Goldberg steam emu on steam version of game.
Game will CTD or stay on loading screens. For the loading screen set the affinity to four cores. That might fix the CTD but not sure since I only set the affinity when I needed to.
HDR with Windows 11 works for this game but does make dark sections to dark. Win+alt+b to switch isn't much effort.
Good Deus Ex game. Plenty of choices in how to complete missions.

Looks like Shadow of the Tomb Raider is next since Denuvo has been officially removed.

Reply 716 of 772, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I completed Metro: Last Light Redux in 19.5 hours over 14 days. I apparently got the "bad ending", where "Artyom sacrifices his life and detonates the charges, which results in the destruction of the entire station." I don't see that I had any choice in the matter. Rather, it was an accumulation of choices I made throughout the game:
Game world exploration and conversations between NPCs- if you want to unlock the good ending, make sure that you thoroughly explore all locations and listen to all conversations, (especially while visiting encampments like Bolshoi or Venice). If you want to unlock the bad ending, avoid visiting optional locations and stopping for an extended period of time in places where there are NPCs.
Interaction with NPCs- If you want to unlock the good ending, do not steal from NPCs while staying in encampments and donate military-grade rounds to the beggars. If you want to unlock the bad ending, steal from NPCs (e.g. the fisherman in Venice docks) and ignore requests from beggars.
Corpses- If you want to unlock the good ending, loot the corpses for supplies only if it is excusable by the current conditions (e.g. when you are low on ammo or when you are running out of filters for your gas mask). If you want to unlock the bad ending, loot the corpses with no remorse.
Following your allies' instructions - If you want to unlock the good ending, obey all instructions, suggestions and requests from your allies (also from the Dark One), which concern positioning yourself or avoiding a confrontation. If you want to unlock the bad ending, try to avoid unquestioned following what the allies suggest and try to figure out the way of playing different than the suggested one.
Enemy encounters - If you want to unlock the good ending, try to avoid your enemies, or only knock them out if necessary. If you want to unlock the bad ending, kill all the enemies you encounter.
Monster encounters - In general, no adopted strategy makes you closer to either of the endings, but there are two important exceptions to this rule. In Dead City there is a demon protecting its nest, where there is a youngling inside. If you want to unlock the good ending, do not kill the monster. If you want to unlock the bad ending, kill the demon. In Garden you are going to fight a bear and, after you win the fight, the severely wounded bear will be attacked by smaller mutants. If you want to unlock the good ending, get rid of the smaller mutants. If you want to unlock the bad ending, finish the bear off.
Civilians that are held hostage by the bandits - If you want to unlock the good ending, while playing the chapter entitled Bandits, try to rescue as many hostages as possible, before they are murdered. If you want to unlock the bad ending, simply ignore the pleads and allow the bandits to murder some of them.
Venice - While playing the chapter entitled Venice, you can perform two activities that have the bearing n the ending. If you want to unlock the good ending, you need to win the teddy bear at the shooting range and also pay for the damage you have caused at the bar (only if you got drunk and started a brawl). If you want to unlock the bad ending, keep the teddy bear for yourself and do not give the bartender any money for the repairs.
Lesnitsky and Pavel - If you want to unlock the good ending, let Lesnitsky and Pavel live (you confront them in chapters entitled Depot and Red Square). If you want to unlock the bad, perform executions on both.

I did most of the things that would lead to the "good ending" but apparently not enough. Oh well, it was still a satisfying gaming experience!

Reply 717 of 772, by armani

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Way too many to actually type down. I have them all logged on Backloggd though.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/armani/games/adde … tatus:mastered/
https://www.backloggd.com/u/armani/games/adde … atus:completed/

Reply 718 of 772, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I did beat Spycraft: The Great Game, however, I don't remember if I have seen all the possible final scenarios. I did see at least three possible endings.

I've also beat Max Payne, Sam & Max Hit The Road, The Dig, Full Throttle, Grand prix 1,2 and 3 (Championship Season mode).

I've never reached the final level in SimTower... and never managed to catch Carmen Sandiego in "Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?"

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 719 of 772, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Realms of Arkania: Shadows over Riva

Since I already wrote it up in the "what games are you playing" thread, I'll just link to that, so there's a record on this thread:
Re: What game are you playing now?