Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 180 of 1913, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

By the way, am I the only one who think that Gamespot reviews tend to get biased towards Quake-like games? 😖

I think they just go by what's popular at the time and like all reviews, it's personal bias might show. Just like I tried WoW but thought it was dull, but millions of people can't be wrong. I also think L4D is totally overrated, played maybe 4-5 hours with friends and was unimpressed but it's still an extremely popular game.

Reply 181 of 1913, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Although I picked up the original Emergency Room PC game back in Sept. of 2009, I've just got it to run in DOSbox yesterday. This was my very first "doctor-type" game that I bought at the local mall in 1996-7, but since I traded it in at Electronics Boutique (now bought out by GameStop), I have regretted this since it has the 400 emergency medical cases of which I treated only a fraction of these, so got this copy off of Amazon.

originalemergencyroomgame.jpg

Reply 182 of 1913, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

(bump) Although I brought this game off of ebay Oct. 25, it didn't arrive at our house until Monday of last week. Played it on a Dell Inspiron netbook under Windows 98SE in VPC - this game plays great, never mind the language difference.

101_0572.jpg

Reply 183 of 1913, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hmmm... seems to me your last two posts were accidental double-posting.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 185 of 1913, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I got this game - Dragon Lore, the legend begins - from ebay for just £7.99 and that included postage. And it's in great condition!

There's some info about this old Cryo adventure (1994 DOS) game on mobygames -

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/dragon-lore … e-legend-begins

Attachments

• dl3.JPG
    Filename
    dl3.JPG
    File size
    94.91 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 187 of 1913, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't know if I'm allowed to say it in this thread, but I got these games (after playing Santa to myself by shopping on ebay and half.com) for Christmas -

chinaforbiddencity.jpg

China Forbidden City;

londoncity2000.jpg

London CITY 2000;

plus the free Tex Murphy 1 + 2 d/l's.

Reply 188 of 1913, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just bought RealMyst from gog.com, for $6. That's a good deal, because this game always costs quite a lot on ebay. It's a "real 3D engine" revamp of Myst, the original point and click "slide show" 3D adventure game. Some screenshots on mobygames are here -

http://www.mobygames.com/game/real-myst/screenshots

Reply 189 of 1913, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello all - I just bought this game from someone at MysteryManor.net, and it arrived at our house last week.

arkoftime.jpg

I have it installed in DOSbox on my netbook but am waiting 'till I get a laser printer before I print out the w/t before I play it.

EDIT - Couldn't wait until I get a laser printer, so am printing the w/t so I can play it right now.

Reply 191 of 1913, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I already have Lords of the Realm II (but no box) and Lords of Magic SE (w/ box) but couldn't pass up this lot for $18.50 shipped. If you don't have Lords II in your collection, your only half a retro gamer. 😀

lordsrock.jpg

Reply 193 of 1913, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
F2bnp wrote:

Wow I love them both. Lords of Magic had some issues but it still was an awesome game!
Nice!

It's best if you play the Lords of Magic: Special Edition, where they fixed several issues. I can't remember any problems when I played SE, course its been 10 years at the least.

Reply 196 of 1913, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Regarding the PC game Hexen, I used to see this sitting on the shelf at Electronics Boutique at the mall in 1996 - 7, and at the time, I thought I wanted to buy it because I thought it would be a nice spooky Halloween game about witches, but I never got it. Today, I never regretted not buying Hexen at EB back then b/c now that I'm a more experienced gamer (I was a naive gamer back in '96 - '97 and bought any old game, incl. fighting games) who is a lot more careful when it comes to buying games - I now stay away from games that have fighting in them, and Mom was right when she told me in mid-2000/late 2000 that better games will be out on the market when I mentioned to her that I missed out on getting Hexen 5 yrs ago at the time, b/c in early 2001 I bought 3 Blair Witch games - Rustin Parr, Legend of Coffin Rock, and The Ely Kedward Tale. I've already played these games once already, I agree with Mom now when she told me about better games coming out if I'd be patient, and now I no longer regret missing out on buying Hexen. I'm going to hold on to these Blair Witch games and do a replay of all 3 volumes one of these days.

Cheers!

Reply 199 of 1913, by AlienBZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, don't know if members are allowed to post pics of Win 95/98 games here - so am giving it a whirl.

I just got this game several weeks ago.

comer.jpg