Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 1280 of 1908, by IAmJefferson

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Snapchat_554195056.jpg

I bought those games for PHP 70 (or 00.54 euros), here are the following games that I bought:

SPORE (2008, Electronic Arts/Maxis, PC/Mac version): Almost new in box, the box has some scuffs/scratches on both sides. The keep case is sealed. EDIT: Works fine on Windows 10, despite SecuROM DRM was disabled on Windows 10.

Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit (1999, Electronic Arts, 3Dfx Voodoo 3 OEM version): Disc only, has some scratches.

Last edited by IAmJefferson on 2018-02-18, 19:40. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1281 of 1908, by Woolie Wool

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I recently bought several games as a lot from eBay.

One was A-Train by Artdink/Maxis, and it came with the papers and disks for two other games thrown in--Civilization for Windows 3.x and F-117A for MS-DOS. "Doom" was also Sharpied on the side of the box but its disks and accessories were missing--no surprise because Doom floppies are probably worth more than the whole lot!
One was Armour-Geddon, which turned out to be an Amiga game--I'll have to sell this one because I don't have an Amiga, nor do I want to pay for and deal with one.
The third was TIE Fighter, which is the floppy disk version with iMUSE and the reason I bought the lot. It won't run at all until I get a working sound card though. 🙁
The fourth was War in Middle-earth, which looks to be some godawful '80s licensed RPG whose only value will be to test my 5 1/4" drive when it arrives.

wp0kyr-2.png CALIFORNIA_RAYZEN
1wpfky-2.png REDBOX
3q6x0e-2.png FUNKENSTEIN_3D

Reply 1282 of 1908, by Munx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
P_20180218_110001.jpg
Filename
P_20180218_110001.jpg
File size
530.49 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Totally legit and not a russian bootleg half-life 2. Looks to be the 2004 version, so a nice way to compare hardware from the period, since the updated source engine is way more demanding.

Plus sonic&knuckles collection, which is pretty nice I guess.

My builds!
The FireStarter 2.0 - The wooden K5
The Underdog - The budget K6
The Voodoo powerhouse - The power-hungry K7
The troll PC - The Socket 423 Pentium 4

Reply 1284 of 1908, by Munx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Woolie Wool wrote:

A 75 MHz Pentium, 16 megs, and Windows 95 required to play Sonic the fucking Hedgehog?

"Optimization? What's that?"

There is a sonic themed screensaver on the disc that shuffles 1024x768 .bmp images, maybe the requirements are for that 🤣

My builds!
The FireStarter 2.0 - The wooden K5
The Underdog - The budget K6
The Voodoo powerhouse - The power-hungry K7
The troll PC - The Socket 423 Pentium 4

Reply 1285 of 1908, by KCompRoom2000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Munx wrote:

P_20180218_110001.jpg
Totally legit and not a russian bootleg half-life 2. Looks to be the 2004 version, so a nice way to compare hardware from the period, since the updated source engine is way more demanding.

Plus sonic&knuckles collection, which is pretty nice I guess.

I'm jealous, I've been meaning to collect the PC ports of Sonic games for years now, the only Sonic PC game I currently have is Sonic Heroes. 😮

Reply 1286 of 1908, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Snapped these up from a local games shop. I've never seen a physical copy of Jazz 2 before & finding it and the expansion pack on the same crowded rack was neat. Lunch money well spent.

jazzy.jpg
Filename
jazzy.jpg
File size
232.76 KiB
Views
File license

There is absolutely nothing more of interest in the photo, especially not any new hardware acquisitions that I said I wasn't going to get. NOTHING.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1287 of 1908, by vladstamate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey that is a G4!

I JUST got one 2 hours ago. I also got a very nice iBook G3 and a iMac G3 ALL in fully working conditions with HDDs and everything else (keyboards, mice, power bricks, etc) from a local Craigslist guy.

** me high-5s you **

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7HbC_nq8t1S9l7qGYL0mTA
Collection: http://www.digiloguemuseum.com/index.html
Emulator: https://sites.google.com/site/capex86/
Raytracer: https://sites.google.com/site/opaqueraytracer/

Reply 1288 of 1908, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

High fives back. 😀 I posted about it in the retro hardware thread but I'll be making a build thread for it & its cube-shaped sibling soon. We need more PPC content on here, post yours up!

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1289 of 1908, by blurks

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bought a sealed copy of Master Levels for Doom II. Of course customs had to poke around and remove the seal / unwrap the game. Sucks...

Attachments

• MLD2.jpg
    Filename
    MLD2.jpg
    File size
    125.23 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 1290 of 1908, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
blurks wrote:

Bought a sealed copy of Master Levels for Doom II. Of course customs had to poke around and remove the seal / unwrap the game. Sucks...

Which customs? In all my years of shipping and receiving international I've never had something sealed like that violated. Nothing their x-ray machine couldn't have seen. Sorry, but that was a dick move by the customs agent.

Reply 1291 of 1908, by tikoellner

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello,

I wanted to share with you the lastest addition to my still growing collection of vintage PC games. I collect mostly games from 198x-1994, with some minor exceptions. Dos only.

tXhvU76.jpg

FNO2khf.jpg?1

Reply 1293 of 1908, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Got SimCity 2000 (DOS, 2-diskette version) with the manual and box at a thrift store earlier today (pics to follow).

Pic:

2Y3tIsAl.jpg

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 1294 of 1908, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bjwil1991 wrote:
Got SimCity 2000 (DOS, 2-diskette version) with the manual and box at a thrift store earlier today (pics to follow). […]
Show full quote

Got SimCity 2000 (DOS, 2-diskette version) with the manual and box at a thrift store earlier today (pics to follow).

Pic:

2Y3tIsAl.jpg

Never played SimCity 2000. Is plumbing the most difficult part of the gamed? Read about it in an issue of CGW.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 1295 of 1908, by KCompRoom2000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So, what games did I find at my latest thrift store visit? Well, look right here:

IMG_1881.JPG
Filename
IMG_1881.JPG
File size
497.22 KiB
Views
File license

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Star Wars Battlefront, both for $6.

Reply 1296 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Never played SimCity 2000. Is plumbing the most difficult part of the gamed? Read about it in an issue of CGW.

I feel for you. You have missed out on something incredibly special. Sim City 2000 is, to me, a perfect balance of approachability and micromanagement depth. It is inclredibly fun and addictive, and walks an incredibly fine line of being self-serious and humorously charming. Best game Maxis made IMO, and they made some amazing games. Do buy it without a doubt.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 1298 of 1908, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Scored Red Faction in a jewel case. I've never played it but remember all the hype back when it came out. I don't know if this is a demo or special edition with the EB branding right on the discs, but I guess I'll find out. 50 cents well spent at any rate.

red.jpg
Filename
red.jpg
File size
156.97 KiB
Views
File license

Also nabbed some fresh, crispy blank media. I always snag Type II tapes when I see 'em and when was the last time you saw a minidisc new in package?

shinymedia.jpg
Filename
shinymedia.jpg
File size
162.07 KiB
Views
File license

(The open minidisc is also blank BTW; tried it in my car stereo on the way home. I do like it when writable media archaeology yields something interesting though.)