Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 1640 of 1906, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
clueless1 wrote on 2021-02-04, 23:22:

Well, GOG gave me a discount I couldn't turn down, so I bought Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition today. $17.99 for the game and 5 DLCs. Downloading and installing now. I'll test drive it and if I like it enough, will play after I finish Eschalon: Book III. Seems like it's be a great game. My only concern is I've never been a huge fan of 3rd person, realtime combat RPGs.

After messing around with the game a bit in the opening area, playing with graphics settings, etc, I must say I'm really impressed. It's not the best graphics I've ever seen, but it's still way above average. What caught my attention the most was the authenticity of the world. It felt I literally was in a 1400s European countryside village. Every detail made sense and didn't seem placed for eye candy's sake or due to a modern bias. I could see myself really enjoying this game when I get around to actually playing it for real.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 1642 of 1906, by infiniteclouds

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dumped a chunk of change on the current GOG sale -- I just love that DRM free goodness. The only game on this list that I've played already is Thief (2014) which, while disappointing at release, wasn't the worst game I've played.

Every other game on this list I have yet to play and may eventually seek out physical copies if I enjoy them enough. They are all games I can see myself potentially enjoying though as I have a wide taste from new to very old. In no particular order:

Drakkhen
The Surge
Divinity: Dragon Commander
Beyond Divinity
Sacred Gold
Sacred 2 Gold
Two Worlds
Two Worlds II
Enclave
Chaser
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Dracula Trilogy
Dragula 4 & 5
Wasteland 1
Vaporum
Wizards & Warriors
Vampyr
Thief (2014)
Greedfall
Sleeping Dogs
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest
Crusader: No Remorse
Crusader: No Regret
Dungeon Keeper Gold
Dungeon Keeper 2
Magic Carpet Plus
Magic Carpet 2: The Netherworlds
Nox
Starflight 1 & 2
Syndicate Plus
Syndicate Wars (if there was a PS1 port of this I did play it)
Bioforge
Clive Barker's Undying
Strike Commander
Legend of Kyrandia Book 1, 2 & 3
Dead Space
Crysis Warhead
Mirror's Edge

Reply 1644 of 1906, by dinth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A few of my recent purchases. Sorry, not much IBM related and some hardware included too

Attachments

Reply 1645 of 1906, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bought Crash Bandicoot and Toy Story 2 for my PS1 since both of my discs are totally gone and aren't reading in both my PS1 and PS2 consoles.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 1646 of 1906, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Won a copy of Wolfenstein 3-D (shareware)

Seller's photos:

245410031104150Neac.jpeg
Filename
245410031104150Neac.jpeg
File size
55.44 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
541506731104150Neac.jpeg
Filename
541506731104150Neac.jpeg
File size
63.58 KiB
Views
File license

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 1647 of 1906, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kixs wrote on 2021-06-15, 07:55:
In the shipping. Wanted ENG version, but as it will be only on the shelf, it's fine ;) […]
Show full quote

In the shipping. Wanted ENG version, but as it will be only on the shelf, it's fine 😉

s-l600.jpg

Never even heard of this game until recently, now I want it. So the hunt begins.....

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 1648 of 1906, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Christmas Eve purchase.. Caught the listing 2 minutes after it was posted. w0000t! Not the greatest condition, but I can't complain since registered copies usually go for far more.

un4DqD6.png

vHV04h0.png

GeXFcin.png

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 1649 of 1906, by svfn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Whoa Doom 1! great find, doesn't look bad to me condition wise.

2021 has been good in terms of collecting, found some new local collectors as well which helped me a lot with some titles. Currently these are what I have on hand, seems like this year is mostly RTS games haha, been wanting to grow that for some time.

yJA14HU.jpg

SS7: K6-2/350 | FIC PA-2013 2.1 | 32MB PC-100 | 3dfx V3 2000 AGP | AWE64 CT4520 | Win98SE
On MobyGames

Reply 1650 of 1906, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

First Sunday of the month means to local vintage flea market. Today it wasn't strong regarding hardware and it was much smaller than usual, but it was decent for older copies of games. And I also picked up a lockable 3.5" floppy disk holder 1.35€. I've been looking for one for a while but the cheapest I've seen online was 10-15€+shipping.

Now onto the games:

Railroad Tycoon 2 (0.25€) - A late release, no fancy cover and only a sheet of paper for manual, but it was basically free. I played a lot with its demo back then. I got that demo from a PC World CD which had a crack in it and blew up in my 52x speed CD drive around 20 years ago.

Serious Sam: The First Encounter (2.7€) - Mint condition first edition with nice cover and all the paperwork.

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Breakthrough (2.7€) - Same as Serious Sam. Now I only need Spearhead. And I have to replace my late edition of the base game so I have the nice cover.

The Operative: No One Lives Forever (2.7€) - Late edition, bargin bin cover, no manual, the discs in mint condition.

No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.S. Way (2.7€) - Seems to be an early edition. Nice cover, but no manual, the CD key on a sticker. The disks are in mint condition.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (0.80€) - Early edition, nice cover, manual, 3CDs in near perfect condition. One barely noticeable scratch on 2 out of the 3 discs. The case and manual has some wear, but nothing serious.

I'd say excellent value. For this much you'd normally get maybe 2 of these games on ebay.

sreq.png retrogamer-s.png

Reply 1652 of 1906, by ilmazzo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there! New to the forum (been a guest for some time)

I've start collecting by almost 2 years and I've always been a pc hardware enthusiast and gamer. Since 2020 I'm filling my apartment garage with all sort of interesting old computers, hardware, software and, of course, 90s boxed games! I still had some from my childhood/teen period but now I'm collecting al the good games I could not buy in the past or the ones I cough cough played without legally purchasing them so now I'm trying to restore the right karma in the universe.

Beside the "normal" collection of hardware and software, games I'm doing another niche collection: since I'm a huge H.P.L. fan I decided to purchase all the Lovecraft inspired games and believe me, they are a ton!

Here are my last 2 purchases (and two of the most expensive ehr...): these are sellers photos since I'm in COVID quarantine at my home by 2 weeks and of course the shipping address is my working office!

thief.jpg

Thief 1 trapezoid box from US (my favourite game evah)

aitd.jpg

Alone in the dark, Italian 3,5'' floppy version...quite rare and one of the most sexy box I've seen so far.... this and the "Shadow of the comet" box are so much beautiful, can't decide which one is better....

hpl.jpg

Here it is my H.P.L. corner!

Yes, that's a dog ass...... there is a long story behind that photo, the dog is gone last year and I'm still sad about it, it wasn't even my dog but we had great fun together, so I'm keeping that photo to give me a smile from time to time....

Cheers everyone!
Luca

Reply 1653 of 1906, by Achernar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Luca and welcome to Vogons!
I find it interesting, even if I am not really into horror games, at least not yet; I didn't even know that there are lots of Lovecraft inspired videogames.
Keep expanding your collection and update here!

Reply 1654 of 1906, by ilmazzo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Grazie 😉

I made the list somewhere in March 2020 (you know, when we had to figure out what to do during our lockdown 🙁 ) and after a lot of search I ended up with 71 games! Both physical or digital.....and the list keeps growing! The last I'm aware of for example is "the sinking city".

Of course I started from the old physical ones because the more the time goes by and the less are available at a good price (well, 2020 was not the best year to start collecting such things but...ok) while for the digital ones will be just bought on GOG without DRM when on sale.....so no need to hurry!

There are two titles that I don't think I'll be ever able to get: "The Scrool" (cd-rom) which is a second edition of "daughter of serpents" (floppy) which I've never seen online in two years, and the "Necronomicon" by Fairytale Hardcover, 1994, a Japanese only game which seems very rare and very cherished so probably I would never find and if I would find it I won't afford to buy it 🤣

Reply 1655 of 1906, by Achernar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know the struggles with collecting, especially for the fact that I am 19 and got interested in retro computers and games not many years ago; at the beginning I could at least rely on what my family, especially my father, bought and stored (and didn't get lost 😆) during the years. Not so much, but definitely better than nothing!

I love physical copies (not only videogames, but also music or books), but I am also quite happy with the digital ones, which are mostly more affordable! I'm still looking for big box floppy games, for example some LucasArts adventure games, but you know that they cost quite a lot especially now, so at the moment I am content with buying the digital copies of them. That is a reason why, for what concerns physical copies, I only began buying some console cartridges (since I love old consoles, too): they usually cost less, are easier to find and I don't care so much about boxes.

I haven't made any list yet, so I don't really know the exact number of games I'd like to get in the future. For now, I'd rather complete some of the games I already own and buy the physical copies of floppy games only when they are affordable or convenient.

Good luck with your collection!

Reply 1656 of 1906, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Today I got myself a bargin-bin version of Half-Life:
1195596003-00.jpg

Ugly cover, no booklet, but there is not a single scratch on the disk.

Reply 1657 of 1906, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I bought Lion Head's The Movies today it is one of them kind of odd games I found interesting when it arrived a decade ago or so... Oh wait 2022-2005= 17.. time flies... Never mind that I'm not in my 20s anymore!

It is one of those games that for some reason or an other is not available for download which in my mind makes it very interesting to own. It is a regular dvd case that was still wrapped, for 1€. 😀

IMG_20220225_195129.jpg
Filename
IMG_20220225_195129.jpg
File size
1.14 MiB
Views
File license

Edit: a picture.

Reply 1658 of 1906, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Paid for 5 Xbox360 games.... Three Lego games for my son and Forza4 in metal box and Force Unleached for my self. 22 Euro in total, plus shipping.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 1659 of 1906, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good price. I have The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition for X360, but didn't really enjoy it. I think I dropped it around the first boss, that big junk robot thing. I've been thinking on trading it in for something else for a while, but 360 games are usually so cheap I just didn't bother. Maybe one day i'll give it a second chance.