VOGONS

Common searches

DNF IS REAL!

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 41 of 86, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't know how I missed this before: the joke is still funny, at least to me.
I heard all this stuff about Halo and I was like "so what?" and then I played it and I was like, I get it now. It was a little underwhelming, but then... I'm not sure what happened, but it's one of my favorite games... in the interest of full honesty, I only have three XBox games, but still... anyway I recently (finally) beat it on Heroic, and I'm not tired of it, at least not very much.
anyway to each their own, the other two games are KOTOR and Conker's Bad Fur Day, and CBFD seemed a little... meh (but still pretty good) and I didn't like KOTOR
however, I "knew" I didn't like KOTOR before I played it (from reading the manual), but I played it anyway to give it a chance, and I liked it for the first few minutes, but then it really got going and I realized it wasn't my kind of game (D&D: yes, virtual D&D: for some reason, I just don't like it)
again anyway Halo should at least be noted for being the first or second (or possibly third) good console FPS, and arguably the game that saved the XBox from the fate of the likes of Beta, the Dreamcast, and the Zune, AKA 😵

EDIT: Conker: Live & Reloaded, oops

Last edited by general_vagueness on 2007-12-29, 15:23. Edited 1 time in total.

You cannot fall off the floor.
If you look hard enough, you'll find something you don't like.

How to ask questions the smart way
How to become a hacker
How to answer smart-alec questions

Reply 47 of 86, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is growing faster than that annoying rash.
There, that should get Kreshna to comment, so we can lighten up this... not so nice thread.
Also, I got Halo 2 for Christmas, and I've only gotten through a few levels, but so far it seems great, probably better than the first one, except for some relatively small things (three flips in the Warthog and everyone's fine? and would it kill you to give me a waypoint at least?).

How to become a hacker

Reply 48 of 86, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
general_vagueness wrote:

There, that should get Kreshna to comment, so we can lighten up this... not so nice thread.

Unfortunately there's nothing Sick and Twisted (TM) I can make out of this thread right now, but who knows what will happen as the discussion keeps going. 😉

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 49 of 86, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

(TM)

really?
also I'd think there are a few things you make DNF stand for
anyway, I just finished Halo 2 and it did seem kind of short but it was still good, I don't know what your problem with the franchise (or is it just the original?) is, leileilol
but again, to each their own, if you don't like it, that's fine, but you shouldn't act like people who like something you dislike are stupid
that's "you" in the universal sense, like "one"

ooh, double n****e f***, that works

Last edited by general_vagueness on 2007-12-30, 21:16. Edited 1 time in total.

How to become a hacker

Reply 50 of 86, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

but again, to each their own, if you don't like it, that's fine, but you shouldn't act like people who like something you dislike are stupid

This goes both ways, to each their own, you (in the sense not YOU, general vagueness) shouldn't act like people with opinions you dislike are stupid...

(I really don't mean you, g_v, but you in the general sense).

Reply 52 of 86, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I could make some existential comment, but I won't
also, I just added to the last post
anyway, that's your opinion and I respect it, and I disagree, but I'm not going to argue with you about it because it's an opinion and it's not something most of the people in the world have an opinion about (for example "air is good" is an opinion, but people who disagree with it may have something wrong with them)

How to become a hacker

Reply 54 of 86, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I thought someone might say (type?) that; in general 😉 air is necessary to live, it would be like refusing food and water.
also, since when is credibility a real part an Internet forum?

How to become a hacker

Reply 56 of 86, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
general_vagueness wrote:

in general 😉 air is necessary to live, it would be like refusing food and water.

...and sex.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 57 of 86, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was talking about humans, and I assume everyone reading this is human (though the Covenant is known for its intelligence gathering... screw you, Prophet of Truth!).
Do you think this is about to be closed for... oh yeah, it's in Milliways... still, this thread is going all over the place (also like the aforementioned annoying rash, which doesn't exist).
and again, (TM)?
but yeah, DosFreak (apparently) closed this because people badmouthed System Shock and/or SS2, so...

Last edited by general_vagueness on 2007-12-31, 16:29. Edited 1 time in total.

How to become a hacker

Reply 59 of 86, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I get the point, I didn't think anyone would make it, I should have known
it's nice having other smarthmouths to talk to

my_post_number(now) = 2 ^ 7; //nice

How to become a hacker