File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 4, by SysGOD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

this mod is awesome! dungeon keeper 1 in widescreen...
i'am playing it with the -vidsmooth commandline at 1280x720. looks great, but all higher res makes the GUI to small to read.

sysprofile.png

Reply 2 of 4, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dungeon Keeper is one of only two strategy game series I'm any good at. (Incidentally, Populous, another Bullfrog series, is the other one.) Any mod that would make the original Dungeon Keeper more interesting visually and easier to get working on modern systems is certainly welcome! ^_^

Granted, the one thing I liked about running the DOS version of Dungeon Keeper over the Windows version was the neat graphical effects applied to the vision of the various creatures you could take command of. Sure, these effects were completely impractical and hindered actual gameplay, but made the game much more immersive.

I should look more into this when I have a moment.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 3 of 4, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmmm this is a weird project. I was struggling to understand what it's about until I've downloaded the package. The way I understand it KeeperFX is some sort of "engine update" of the D3D engine, right? Never mind the technical details (; . The download seems to include all game assets and code, so I'm afraid this project is deep in "grey" territory though. Somewhere, someone probably has the copyright on this stuff. Or has DK been released as freeware and I didn't notice? Though even that wouldn't make the project "proper" in a legal sense (changing/updating/reversing code can be problematic in some countries for instance, and assets are still copyrighted for freeware releases) I guess. Just looking for some opinions/comments.

EDIT: some additional text

Last edited by ADDiCT on 2010-07-16, 20:14. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 4, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

EA bought out Bullfrog ( 🙁 ) and it seems they intend to release something based on DK and other titles in the future.

If this "upgrade" to DK is really including full game assets, they might be wise to offer a patch (delta style) instead.