VOGONS

Common searches

Best ms-dos game music.

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 46, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Anyone remember TMNT from the old NES? The PC port with AdLib was pretty good. Game was kind meh, but I loved the music! My mom still hums that sewer theme when I bring it up to her 🤣

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 41 of 46, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

How come noone mentioned Command and Conquer? The very first version was made for DOS, still have the disk laying around which I got from a friend as he thought the game was too old (like many other games he gave me...all I can say is "Keep em coming! 😜 😜 😜"

Edit:Heck, I have NO idea how C&C sounds with the SB16...or how the SB16 sounds with any game!
Ah for crying out loud, now I got 1 more rig to add to the pile of "Rigs that I intend to build" 🤣

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 42 of 46, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I love Command and Conquer! But I had the PSX/PSOne version rather than the PC...trying to control that with a Playstation joypad is crazy, but it's still a great game

“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi

Reply 43 of 46, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Once I'm done with that damn attic (lol), I think I should post pics of all my soundcards. I got tons of old Creative Soundblasters ranging from SB16 all the way to SB64 Gold and also have a lot of those ES1668??? sound cards?
I recently found out a random soundcard I had staying around in the attic actually had one of those Yahama OPL3 chips. I'm such a soundcard newb 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 44 of 46, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Command and Conquer had excellent music, but it was digital Red Book audio playing off the CD.
Return to Zork was another one with some good tunes, it had both red book audio and synth, supported adlib FM and MT32/GM. not sure why they only recorded enough digital music for about half the game and used synth for the rest- must have run out of money to pay the orchestra 😜

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 45 of 46, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thexder 2: Firehawk on a real MT-32 is a definite fav.

Reply 46 of 46, by Good Ol' TarviS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The Interception tune from X-COM is pretty memorable, and so are some of the tunes in the Geoscape.

Here's the Interception tune on both a Gravis and a SoundBlaster.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dToMVStSDxc

The SoundBlaster one sounds better, but that's probably because the Gravis patchset in the video is quiet and not that great.