VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 80 of 156, by Forevermore

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If we are talking strictly PC games, then;

Fury 3
C&C4 (not an "old" game, but it was so bad it deserves to be overhauled to honour the rest of the franchise)
Duke3D
Doom, D2 & FD
ROTT

All I can think of for now.

So many combinations to make, so few cases to put them in.

Reply 81 of 156, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't want to see any old game I've played remade because it most always turns into some over modernized crap that hardly resembles the original.

Speaking of Fury 3, I had a ongoing project to re-create it (not entirely 1:1 but graphically yes) in the original Unreal engine. I still have the design document and everything for it.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 85 of 156, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Go grab The HUNT Begins and play through it, then try ROTT 2013. ( I hope to GOD they have a demo like any SANE company should do )

Infact go grab that early early alpha (or was it beta?) of The HUNT Begins for more hilarity, like the rapid fire footstep sounds and the alternate low guard ambush sound.

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 86 of 156, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It just occurred to me that I would really like a new Crusader game. Isometric view would be fine again. However I would be also be fine with a shooter based in that brightly-colored '90s cyberpunk universe. That would be quite unique.

Reply 87 of 156, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Crusader: No Pity sounded very interesting, a shame it got canceled... Thanks for laying off good people EA. You ruined everything.

A multiplayer co-op Crusader would be a dream come true for me.

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 88 of 156, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes, multiplayer Crusader would work for me too!

Another brilliant idea I have is for Bethesda to forget about Fallout 4 and instead remake Terminator Future Shock.

Reply 90 of 156, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I love to see a remade of `strife` (doom clone) I think it was almost the best RPG, action shooter. (Doom clone.)

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 92 of 156, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Gunmetal, or at the very least a sequel. Even though you practically become "employee of the year" after destroying the Keller virus I'm still curious what ELSE could go wrong in that game's universe.

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 94 of 156, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The Elder Scrolls series - Arena and Daggerfall.

If updated with Skyrim or even Oblivion engine, I'll be extremely happy.

If Daggerfall is remade, it will be one huge world of a game.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 95 of 156, by m1919

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Gotta agree with some of the others here, definitely Terminator: Future Shock and SkyNET.

Crimson Tide - EVGA 1000P2; ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS; 2x E5-2697 v3 14C 3.8 GHz on all cores (All core hack); 64GB Samsung DDR4-2133 ECC
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3; EVGA 750 Ti SC; Sound Blaster Z

Reply 97 of 156, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Popful Mail. Ys always gets remakes to and fro, but never this.

DracoNihil wrote:

Infact go grab that early early alpha (or was it beta?) of The HUNT Begins for more hilarity, like the rapid fire footstep sounds and the alternate low guard ambush sound.

That's a release candidate actually, but not final final because of the modem issues. It missed 1994 shipping |_| BY THAT MUCH. We could've gotten full ROTT with footsteps and bad control screen had they got modem working earlier.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 98 of 156, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:
DracoNihil wrote:

That's a release candidate actually, but not final final because of the modem issues. It missed 1994 shipping |_| BY THAT MUCH. We could've gotten full ROTT with footsteps and bad control screen had they got modem working earlier.

Interesting, do you have a link with more info on that?

Where might I find a copy of this RC version? 😀

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 99 of 156, by maximus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Guess I'll chime in here. I'd like to see the following remade with modern graphics:

Fury 3 (seems a popular choice)
Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Those Raven software games are so good, they could pretty much be remade shot-for-shot and hold up just fine.

I'd also like to see a reboot of the Unreal series, ala Doom 3.

PCGames9505