It has voice control! Ooooohhhh..... 😮

Reply 3 of 125, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
robertmo wrote:

We're sorry...

This video is not available in your location.

That is how half of the Xbox features are going to be for everyone living outside the US.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 4 of 125, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I was surprised by the case design, I really like it this time!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 125, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

I was surprised by the case design, I really like it this time!

For reals.

It would look right at home between a DVD/Bluray player and a satellite/cable box.

Very slick.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 7 of 125, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
swaaye wrote:

Somewhat of a throwback to the original.

The domed top on the original was a pain. You always had to make it the top component of your a/v stack and couldn't put anything on top of it without it crashing to the floor.

Reply 10 of 125, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

WTF?!!?!? The video is not available in Canada! XD

...Wikipedia to the rescue! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_one

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 11 of 125, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

unless it has dedicated GPU with it's own Vram the PS4 is probably gonna own it specs wise. Also the press thing was HORRENDOUS. all they talked about was TV and sports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

Reply 12 of 125, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

As a fan of the 360, I left watching that conf very disappointed. They did not show anything surprising at all. All this is ending up being is a 360.5
Very minute incremental changes and tweaks. I'm disappointed, but not surprised, by the lack of backwards compatibility. Maybe it will do better at E3.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 13 of 125, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
laxdragon wrote:

As a fan of the 360, I left watching that conf very disappointed. They did not show anything surprising at all. All this is ending up being is a 360.5
Very minute incremental changes and tweaks. I'm disappointed, but not surprised, by the lack of backwards compatibility. Maybe it will do better at E3.

Backwards compatibility costs money, even if it's only in the form of a software emulator. Even Sony abandoned backwards compatibility. XBox One is going to cost $499 without commitment and $299 with two year XBox Live subscription so adding backwards compatibility would simply make it too expensive. I don't even see the current pricing being sustainable in light of the pushback Sony received when they first announced PS3 pricing. That's going to be a lot of money for parents or students to shell out and I don't see a lot of people buying one until prices come down maybe 2 years down the road.

Reply 14 of 125, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't see anything I want.

Where are the games?

My biggest hassle when watching TV is putting up with commercials. Do they have a solution for that?

You are one with Xbox, your distinctiveness will be added to it's own, resistance is futile.

Reply 16 of 125, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just another step to being a PC. The system doesn't even look as good as some SFF PC's 😉

I'm kinda excited about it not being Backwards Compatible. Maybe....Just maybe we will get some good emulators on the PC for Original Xbox and 360 games. Still amazed how good Nintendo and Sony emulators are yet how poor or lack thereof for Xbox.

I never bought *ANY* MS Xbox system. Forza and a couple of platformers (Original Xbox) are all that ever interested me. Can't even say I'd like Forza as Gran Turismo gets dull quickly for me.

Funny it seems like MS is always adding another thing to keep me from buying the system.
-Online activation checks look more intrusive
-Non-Servicable internal HDD (probably custom flash or OS limiting replacement)
-No Backwards Compatibility
-Locking down Used Games
-Xbox LIVE memberships aren't free
-Microsoft tax (unnecessary high accessory cost)
-Digital Downloads linger at high prices vs. Steam deals

> W98SE . P3 1.4S . 512MB . Q.FX3K . SB Live! . 64GB SSD
>WXP/W8.1 . AMD 960T . 8GB . GTX285 . SB X-Fi . 128GB SSD
> Win XI . i7 12700k . 32GB . GTX1070TI . 512GB NVME

Reply 17 of 125, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RogueTrip2012 wrote:

I never bought *ANY* MS Xbox system. Forza and a couple of platformers (Original Xbox) are all that ever interested me. Can't even say I'd like Forza as Gran Turismo gets dull quickly for me.

I don't own a 360, I don't own an original X-Box, I don't own a PS3.

When you primarily play indie games and retro games and what few big-name titles you want are available on the PC, having a modern game console seems superfluous. :P

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 18 of 125, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I still have Xbox 1. My favorite aspect to these was the explosion of the modding scene. I put in a DuoX2 and tricked it out with a 250GB HDD and loads of emulators. CoinOps 5 is sweet for example. I also used XBMC for years. I remember an interview with an MS employee who said Gates was fascinated by the modding community and wanted to foster it somehow.

There are some cool Xbox 1 games of course. Many are multiplatform though.

Another aspect that stands out to me is that Xbox 1 was the first console with almost every game supporting true discrete 5.1 audio. It is very apparent if you run a decent home theater setup. It also has a few games that run 720p. That 720p/1080i capability also allows it to run emulators and look good on modern TVs.

Last edited by swaaye on 2013-05-23, 02:33. Edited 1 time in total.