User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:
GOG.com release of Splinter Cell on a Pentium 4, XP SP2, FX 5950 Ultra […]
Show full quote

GOG.com release of Splinter Cell on a Pentium 4, XP SP2, FX 5950 Ultra

ftowYRF.png

The way Splinter Cell was meant to be played, with those shadows and all.

Reply 141 of 5934, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

Currently playing Diablo. It's been many years since I last played it, and unlike Diablo 2 it is more challenging and methodical; still, I'm making good progress (my warrior is at dungeon level 7, still recovering after an evil ambush by Goatmen Archers from the Fire Clan 😒 ).

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 143 of 5934, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Im playing 2 games at the moment, on my old machine Deus Ex .

on my modern machine Im playing the original Far Cry, there is some severe stutter going on in the game despite this being a Core i5, Radeon 6870 machine, I can only assume its a driver issue, makes me wonder if its worth putting together a WinXP era machine (Im thinking an Athlon XP or 64 , X800 or GF6800/7800 spec)

Reply 144 of 5934, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Command and Conquer 3. Forgot how hard this game was. I'm getting better in skirmish but NOD keeps overpowering me when playing as GDI 😒

Reply 145 of 5934, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Bought this DOTT unopened (not really cheap) at ebay, not that I need it translated to play it but there's a collection of these series made in spain, unfortunately they usually fetch more than the standard English versions for some reason, I'm playing this right now.

2014-04-17_13-02-39_77.jpg

2014-04-17+13.04.33.jpg

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 146 of 5934, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vmunix wrote:

spain, unfortunately they usually fetch more than the standard English versions for some reason

My guess is that most people in Spain does not have the english skills required for a game like DOTT, making the spanish version more sought after.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 147 of 5934, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vetz wrote:
vmunix wrote:

spain, unfortunately they usually fetch more than the standard English versions for some reason

My guess is that most people in Spain does not have the english skills required for a game like DOTT, making the spanish version more sought after.

Spot on vetz, we are not famous for our language skills, I can't deny that....hehehe
In fact games like Zak Mckracken never reached the Spanish market for that very reason.

Reply 148 of 5934, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm playing Darwinia now.

I don't know what difficulty it defaults on the default profile but the game can get quite annoying once the "dragons" are introduced.

Why the hell do some of the virus constructs need to be dealt damage via explosive weapons\battle cannon projectiles instead of lasers?

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 149 of 5934, by Hater Depot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

FTL Advanced Edition, whenever I can squeeze in a moment. Already unlocked two of the new ship layouts and fooled around with the new ship systems. I keep buying the hacking drone and then forgetting to use it since I'm not used to the new content yet. Some of the new ship augmentations are fun.

Korea Beat -- my cool translation blog.

Reply 150 of 5934, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Playing Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge VGA Remake. What a cool game.
I'm playing with an Mt-32 and the music is just amazing!!!
Never played the fist Larry, just the 5th and 6th ones.

GQ7v0In.jpg

Reply 152 of 5934, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SpooferJahk wrote:

The way Splinter Cell was meant to be played, with those shadows and all.

That's it 😀

Been playing some more today. Managed a 100% stealth run on the Chinese Embassy level. Not taking out anyone, just sneaking past 😀

Recorded it for my walk through. This mission will have commentary for the first time 😊

trZ35hZ.jpg

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 153 of 5934, by BSA Starfire

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Heavy Metal FAKK2 and Driver on the 3DFX Pentium 3.
Need for speed underground 2 and GLJoeQuake on Pentium 4 2.0gig, Geforce FX5500.
World of tanks and Plants Vs zombies Garden Warfare on Xbox 360.

286 20MHz,1MB RAM,Trident 8900B 1MB, Conner CFA-170A.SB 1350B
386SX 33MHz,ULSI 387,4MB Ram,OAK OTI077 1MB. Seagate ST1144A, MS WSS audio
Amstrad PC 9486i, DX/2 66, 16 MB RAM, Cirrus SVGA,Win 95,SB 16
Cyrix MII 333,128MB,SiS 6326 H0 rev,ESS 1869,Win ME

Reply 155 of 5934, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Command & Conquer Tiberian Dawn - using JBL 120Ti loudspeakers. It's actually pretty nice to hear C&C music coming through 12 inch woofers. 😉

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 156 of 5934, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Command & Conquer Tiberian Dawn - using JBL 120Ti loudspeakers. It's actually pretty nice to hear C&C music coming through 12 inch woofers. 😉

Wasn't the music composed by a talented guy who also did the Dune series music ?

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 157 of 5934, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vmunix wrote:
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Wasn't the music composed by a talented guy who also did the Dune series music ?

Yep, Frank Klepacki. 😀

Although, in Emperor: Battle for Dune, he only composed the Atreides songs IIRC.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 158 of 5934, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dune 1 (by Cryo, Westwood had nothing to do with the game) was composed by Stéphane Picq while Frank Klepacki did Dune 2 (and for that matter Dune 2000, Legend of Kyrandia, etc.

I'm playing Freelancer right now, apparently Andrew "Necros" Sega had something to do with this games music but I can't really tell which song(s) he was responsible for. I get the feeling he was responsible for the music that plays in the Independent Worlds. (note, it's called IW not BW, apparently they're separate regions altogether which doesn't make much sense to me... then again this game WAS rushed no thanks to Microsoft being the publisher...)

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 159 of 5934, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Diablo 2 , started a new game with the Amazon (which is also the first character I ever used when I got thte game some 13 years ago). just fighting my way through the monestary in act 1

also playing Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut which I just got on the PC for 4.50 brand new , very good game, though I don't think its as good as the original , it does beat Invisible War ( then again , going to the toilet beats playing Invisible War)