VOGONS

Common searches

Just an important heads up

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 180 of 325, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

They will be ordered by date as well, but they all stay above the posts. I don't think that simply editing an announcement alters the date. Adding a reply to each in reverse order can do it. Other ways are roundabout workarounds. You could also copy each announcement, delete them and repost them in reverse order. Someone with cPanel access can use phpMyAdmin to alter the dates of the announcements in the database, but that is rather heavy handed.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 181 of 325, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, I just wanted everyone to know that this site does NOT work properly on my mac. I can login, but do not get the box to make a reply. look for yourself!

http://i.imgur.com/M1oc93Y.jpg

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 182 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
collector wrote:

They will be ordered by date as well, but they all stay above the posts. I don't think that simply editing an announcement alters the date. Adding a reply to each in reverse order can do it. Other ways are roundabout workarounds. You could also copy each announcement, delete them and repost them in reverse order. Someone with cPanel access can use phpMyAdmin to alter the dates of the announcements in the database, but that is rather heavy handed.

In that case, I fail to see the distinction other than the one gets a section header and the other doesn't.

luckybob wrote:

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, I just wanted everyone to know that this site does NOT work properly on my mac. I can login, but do not get the box to make a reply. look for yourself!

How old of a browser is that?

Reply 183 of 325, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
HunterZ wrote:
luckybob wrote:

How old of a browser is that?

More than that, how old is that Mac? It is pre OSX. That aside, the link is there, but the image is not showing. I would guess that you have something blocking images or the browser is so old that it has trouble with PNGs.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 184 of 325, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

oh silly me!

browser: iCab 2.99
system: Macintosh Quadra 660av (25mhz 68040,68mb ram)

I got the thing "online" a few hours ago and I haven't been able to properly see a website yet. Unless it was made pre-2000...

(honestly I was trying to inject a bit of humor in this thread)

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 185 of 325, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Qbix wrote:

If you want to be sure that they are fixed, then you have to edit the post.

I will do an attempt to repair the damage, but I can't predict if I will succeed.

I just edited my post. Seems to be ok now. Thanks.

Another thing : I just received this email from "forumadmin@vogons.org via zetafleet.com" :

You are receiving this notification because the report you filed regarding
the private message "............" at "VOGONS" was deleted by a
moderator or administrator.

I don't remember filing any report, though. I don't know why I received that mail.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 188 of 325, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
Stiletto wrote:
Display posts from previous: 1 year Search found more than 1000 matches • Page 1 of 40 […]
Show full quote
Qbix wrote:

@Stiletto and HunterZ, I've repaired the active topic link. Thanks for the report.

Search found more than 1000 matches • Page 1 of 40

If it won't place undue stress on the server, any way to return more than 1000 matches/40 pages?
Any way to display posts from previous: 2 years, 3 years, etc.?

That would be cool.

Found the location of the 1000 matches. It is hardcoded in one of the php files.
I am not sure how much the load would increase if I were to increase this value....

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 196 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The colors of the read topic titles are the same as the unread ones for me in Firefox 22 and IE10. Are you sure you aren't forcing a "previously visited links" color in your browser options or something?

Using a more standards-compliant browser instead of an old version of MSIE may be a good idea.

Reply 198 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Microsoft has been begging people to stop using IE6 because it's so full of security holes, bugs and other nastiness that they don't want to waste any more time on fixing. You should be able to at least run Firefox and/or IE8 on WinXP, or Opera on Win9x (and maybe something more modern with a compatibility layer).