Topic actions

Reply 40 of 50, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's happening again!
Got a new MOBO:

Zida 4DPS Ver 2.1 Tomatoboard (SiS 496/497) 486 PCI Motherboard
Very nice board, saw it and fell in love with it.
ckuk.jpg

Plug it in....same exact symptoms as the other MOBO...so I'm starting to think that it is a Power Supply related problem.
Also I normally screw the motherboard into the case itself, is that a bad thing at all?
I'm going to try change Power Supply....this can't be happening!!!

Reply 41 of 50, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I always test stuff on my test bench. This is just a LCD monitor box on a table 😀

Also I use a brand-new ATX power supply with an ATX to AT adapter. Much more reliable...

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 42 of 50, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah I'd check using another PSU. Back in the old days I threw out several nice 'bad' motherboards I'd love to have back now that I'm pretty sure it was the PSU to blame...

Reply 43 of 50, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have the exact same mobo but with another name - PCI400, I have no idea what they were trying to say. If you manage to run Am5x86-133 at 133Mhz, let me know! I could only make it work as 3x50Mhz or 3x33Mhz, when I set the board to 4x33Mhz (which is 2x default setting), it shows 3x33Mhz...

Reply 44 of 50, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RacoonRider wrote:

I have the exact same mobo but with another name - PCI400, I have no idea what they were trying to say. If you manage to run Am5x86-133 at 133Mhz, let me know! I could only make it work as 3x50Mhz or 3x33Mhz, when I set the board to 4x33Mhz (which is 2x default setting), it shows 3x33Mhz...

As soon as I get an Am5x86 I'll test it. Probably around next week.

BTW guys, solved problem with MOBO. It was the PSU all the time. Damn!!!

I'm having some problems with the Mouse, the MOBO doesn't seem to recognise it. Tried in both COM1 and COM2. Tried different drivers....Logitech and CTMouse, nothing.

I know the mouse works, what else can I try? Maybe changing any setting in Bios?

Reply 47 of 50, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Can't seem to make Serial Mouse work. In a near future I'll try a PS2 Mouse, I'm waiting for the 5 pin cable to arrive.
Strange....I posted a few pictures of the BIOS as the problem might be IRQ conflict or something similar:

56su.jpg

7kxl.jpg

Any help in appreciated. Sorry to be so insistent but, NO MOUSE, NO FUN...hehe. Can't do shit without it