VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 43 of 107, by Iris030380

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Flashback and Heart Of Darkness are indeed amazing games. Only finished the former though...

Ori And The Blind Forest isn't in your list. I suggest you buy it NOW and play it. It's breathtaking.

I5-2500K @ 4.0Ghz + R9 290 + 8GB DDR3 1333 :: I3-540 @ 4.2 GHZ + 6870 4GB DDR3 2000 :: E6300 @ 2.7 GHZ + 1950XTX 2GB DDR2 800 :: A64 3700 + 1950PRO AGP 2GB DDR400 :: K63+ @ 550MHZ + V2 SLI 256 PC133:: P200 + MYSTIQUE / 3Dfx 128 PC66

Reply 46 of 107, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (two new levels)
Shadow Complex Remastered (PC, PS4, XBOX ONE)
Abe's Oddysee New N' Tasty
Flashback (2013)
Prince of Persia Classic (Android)
Prince of Persia: The Shadow and the Flame (Android)

You can play android games on a PC using Bluestacks or Andy emulators

Reply 49 of 107, by spiroyster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had a Delphine software pack on the Amiga which included Operation Stealth, Cruise for a Corpse, Future Wars, Flashback and Another world.

You can add Cruise for a Corpse and Operation Stealth to your list. Cruise for a corpse is a cinematic detective game (pixel hunter though iirc) set on a ship in which you must solve a murder. Kind of like being in an interactive Agatha Christie novel. Operation stealth pretty much like Future Wars but with a different premise (you're a spy finding some stealth plane or something like that). All I remember from Operation Stealth was not being able to get past the Guard at Passport Control in the airport (probably the 3rd screen or so 🙁). This was back in the day before wide spread internet so I had a wait for a game guide to be released in a magazine, which I subsequent missed the publication of.

I loved the Cinematic games from Delphine Software, but other than Flashback and Another World, they were bloody difficult for a wee nipper like me at the time.

Unsure if its already mentioned but there was also a Flashback-esque game by some Eastern European developers called OnEscapee. If you like flashback, I would highly recommend it.

Reply 50 of 107, by BloodyCactus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I loved future wars! beautiful game, but probably the worst pixel hunter I ever played.

--/\-[ Stu : Bloody Cactus :: [ https://bloodycactus.com :: http://kråketær.com ]-/\--

Reply 52 of 107, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

None of Operation Stealth, Cruise for a Corpse, Future Wars, or Beneath a Steel Sky really qualifies as a "platformer", though. Conventionally, those would be "adventure" games, or "point and click".