VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just in case the people who can fix it can't tell, the server seems to be having conniptions at the moment. Pages are often failing to load entirely, and often without stylesheets.

Reply 3 of 12, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Was happening on the DOSBox website too, but for the moment, things seem to be working properly again. *shrugs*

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 4 of 12, by rgart

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was downloading about 20 things at once so I thought it was just me. But yeah a few hours ago I was having server issues here at Vogons.

Seems ok now?

=My Cyrix 5x86 systems : 120MHz vs 133MHz=. =My 486DX2-66MHz=

Reply 5 of 12, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Was some hack job attacking the site for whatever reason?

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 6 of 12, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Odd, it's not just here. I'm starting to see discussion of other sites acting up in different places. Does the internet have it's own weather? There seems to be some sort of storm moving through it.

Reply 7 of 12, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Facebook has been acting crazy for me all day. Just loaded up right when I went to type this up! 🤣

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 8 of 12, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I had a lot of port scanning from Chinese IP addresses bring my site to its knees a while back till I blocked most of those IPs.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 10 of 12, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

YouTube was throwing me random 502 errors at the same time VOGONS was throwing 500s. However, during this time, I visited several pages each on five other websites, none of which had issues. *shrugs*

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 11 of 12, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

It looked like there were too many connections going on. Not sure who are what caused those connections.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!