Common searches

Story behind your avatar?

Topic actions

Reply 244 of 252, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I drew this on my iPad and used it for awhile because it was easy to draw. It is computer geek that looks like the guy from

Up
‘ movie.

Attachments

Reply 245 of 252, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Roger Wilco from Space Quest. This particular pic is from the intro sequence of SQ3.

Space Quests 1 to 3 were the most memorable games on our first family PC. Many years later I learned about the existence of the MT-32, and I was floored by how SQ3 sounded compared to the PC speaker I had in the day. That sent me down the deep hole of retro builds.

Reply 246 of 252, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Meet Chuih, one of SEGA's space mice from ChuChu Rocket (Dreamcast title) which I used to play a lot in my early teens 🤣

Last edited by psychz on 2020-06-06, 11:38. Edited 1 time in total.
Stojke wrote:

Its not like components found in trash after 20 years in rain dont still work flawlessly.

:: chemical reaction :: athens in love || reality is absent || spectrality || meteoron || the lie you believe

Reply 248 of 252, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote on 2020-06-06, 10:09:

*touches up sig*

You just gave me flashbacks to standing infront of the Tekker for several hours...

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 249 of 252, by Bige4u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Due to the nature of my retro rig in sig.... my avatar is quite fitting as the OS of choice.

Pentium3 1400s/ Asus Tusl2-c / Kingston 512mb pc133 cl2 / WD 20gb 7200rpm / GeForce3 Ti-500 64mb / Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 SB0100 / 16x dvdrom / 3.5 Floppy / Enermax 420w / Win98se

Reply 250 of 252, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Mine is just a ceramic Pentium 133 that I extracted from one of my old rigs to swap it out with a P233MMX (which I later found out that it might be a dud, I have terrible luck with computers).

At some point I may just change it... But I'm undecided on that matter.

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]

Reply 251 of 252, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Mine is inspired by my previous avatar (half life lambda logo) for the orange E, and the rest is inspired by the IBM thinkpad logo because when I did it, I just had received my IBM thinkpad 380XD 😁

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 252 of 252, by Big Pink

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For some unfathomable reason IBM paid a fortune to use the Pink Panther character to promote their PC line in the early 90s. The sight of IBM lorries branded with the character driving past my house on the way to the local factory is etched into my childhood memory. Very odd. Apparently that marketing idea originated in the French branch.

I thought IBM was born with the world