Common searches

Game collection

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 85, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Found an old screenshot from my winxp days back when i only had "The Sacred Terabyte of Gaming Goodness"
As opposed to "The Most Holy Three Terabytes of Gaming Goodness" I have now
BIzKBXv.jpg

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 22 of 85, by 2fort5r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh Wings over Israel. I didn't have that, but did have Wings over Vietnam, which was a brilliant game. Unfortunately it doesn't work properly under Windows 7x64.

Account retired. Now posting as Errius.

Reply 23 of 85, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's an impressive list of games Davros!
The HL Add-ons CD I got in a thrift shop in Worcester years ago, which I mainly used for the patches, which saved having to download them on a dial-up.
Here's what the CD contains:
hladdons_zpscab93008.jpg

http://www.compufixshop.com
Main rig Ryzen 2600X Strix RX580 32GB RAM
Secondary rig FX8350 GTX960 16GB RAM

Reply 24 of 85, by Procyon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
2fort5r wrote:

Oh Wings over Israel. I didn't have that, but did have Wings over Vietnam, which was a brilliant game. Unfortunately it doesn't work properly under Windows 7x64.

Try installing it in C:\Games or something instead of C:\Program Files, I have Strike Fighters Gold and it works for me in Windows 7 64bit.

Reply 26 of 85, by 2fort5r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Procyon wrote:
2fort5r wrote:

Try installing it in C:\Games or something instead of C:\Program Files, I have Strike Fighters Gold and it works for me in Windows 7 64bit.

As I recall, it installs and runs, but is glitchy as hell, crashing suddenly for no reason in mid-game. There were several other annoyances with it as well. This was last tested several years ago though. I'll give it another go and see if these issues have cleared up.

Another ThirdWire game which I had was First Eagles, but I didn't like it and sold it on after a short while. It just seemed a lower quality product than WoV. Maybe this was fixed with patches though.

Account retired. Now posting as Errius.

Reply 27 of 85, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Davros wrote:

Found an old screenshot from my winxp days back when i only had "The Sacred Terabyte of Gaming Goodness"

Unless it's about storage rooms full of legit game media goodness I don't think screenshots of installed games can apply here. Anyone can do those, especially Steam users who usually have over terabytes worth of games owned on average.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 28 of 85, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My collection is a mess. 🤣 I have tons of loose games scattered throughout storage boxes, many of which I've never even installed or played. The ones I do actually play are either saved to my hard drive as isos or copied install folders, or they were obtained through services like Steam and GoG. I do have a small number of big boxes though, and I want to start a collection one of these days once I get my own place.

Reply 29 of 85, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:
Davros wrote:

Unless it's about storage rooms full of legit game media goodness I don't think screenshots of installed games can apply here. Anyone can do those, especially Steam users who usually have over terabytes worth of games owned on average.

I agree totally, go physical or go home. 😜

Seriously though, who wouldn't rather have a real copy instead of a digital copy? Also who the heck keeps all those games installed? I mean seriously when I want to play a game I install it and when I get sick of it I uninstall it. 🤣

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 30 of 85, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here's my collection. Not everything can be seen, I'd have to take the CDs out...maybe one day 😀
Interestingly enough, I count many same titles as Splinter 🤣

Filename
Image1.jpg
File size
927.81 KiB
Downloads
No downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Filename
Image2.jpg
File size
1.11 MiB
Downloads
No downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza

Reply 31 of 85, by Blurredman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
gulikoza wrote:
Here's my collection. Not everything can be seen, I'd have to take the CDs out...maybe one day :) Interestingly enough, I count […]
Show full quote

Here's my collection. Not everything can be seen, I'd have to take the CDs out...maybe one day 😀
Interestingly enough, I count many same titles as Splinter 🤣

Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg

Nice! I love big boxes!

Mine are somewhat pricarious. 🤣

DSC_0158.jpg

http://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/ 😊

Reply 32 of 85, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

here is most of my collection , barring some modern games which I own in physical form (although as we all know, those tend to be useless, as its just a steam key)

IMG_20140907_2237210081_zps4296cc48.jpg

IMG_20140907_2238082081_zps19eb9804.jpg

IMG_20140907_2238467241_zpsd75260ac.jpg

IMG_20140907_2240401141_zps83d9477a.jpg

and the games in the DVD style cases , including early examples of them like Quake III, Red Alert II and Deus Ex (all full , original versions, just seems like some European distributors started using DVD cases earlier than their US counterparts)

IMG_20140907_2316320701_zpsf78d3607.jpg

a bit blurry but it will do given it was taken with a phone camera. There are still a few games Im interested in , some of the Lucasarts games or the original System Shock, or Jazz Jackrabbit CD would be nice, but they are pretty elusive for those looking for a deal....

Reply 34 of 85, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

(Deleted. No longer relevant anyway)

Last edited by JayCeeBee64 on 2017-12-02, 19:04. Edited 1 time in total.

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 35 of 85, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here is my collection mostly. This is not including my PS1/PS2 games, my NES games, Intellivision games or Commodore 64 games. It is also excluding a bunch of PC compatible software (mostly business applications) that go with my PCjr. It should be noted that most of this stuff was found in the wild so to speak and not bought online. 😜

8_by_mad_king_corduroy-d7yeedz.jpg

After seeing your guys collections neatly organized and easily accessible I just had to get my games out of storage and clear space amongst all my books. 🤣

Also just today I picked up all three Goblins games in their jewel cases along with a copy of Glover all for 99 cents ea. They aren't in this picture though since it was taken yesterday.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 36 of 85, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
F2bnp wrote:

Very nice collection. I'll see if I can get a few pics of mine and upload them here. We have a lot of games in common Darkman, some fantastic games in there!

thank you, my PC collection is the biggest part of my games collection , although I obviously left out my console collection out of this as its not the appropriate place for it.

Reply 37 of 85, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wow!
Very impressive collections.
What game collection would be complete without Quake and Half Life?
Like many people, I also have a collection of films on DVD, which I'm often tempted to sell, but can never quite bring myself top to do it.
My games collection will never be sold 😊

http://www.compufixshop.com
Main rig Ryzen 2600X Strix RX580 32GB RAM
Secondary rig FX8350 GTX960 16GB RAM

Reply 38 of 85, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok, so here's most of my collection. I built this furniture just last year to accommodate my needs, but it seems I'm running out of space... And I have a ton more stuff to collect, honestly I don't think it is ever going to end.

The glorious GPU on the side is a dead 8800GTX, give to me by a dear friend. It reminds me of different times in computers. 😀 Unfortunately, it completely blocks out my PS1 and Dreamcast games, but I don't have anything super rare anyway.
The Pentium CPU on the left side is a Pentium 133, the K5 is PR133 and on the bottom is a 386DX-16, arguably one of the most important and significant CPUs of all time.
On the top shelf, behind the 5 stacked masterpieces ( 😀 ) I have a few other, less interesting boxes. I have the battlechest edition of Diablo 1&2, as well as some hardware stuff like an ASUS M5A97 R2.0 and Sapphire 7950 Boost box.

I have a few more boxed games stored elsewhere, such as Master of Orion II and III, C&C Red Alert and the collector's edition of XCOM Enemy Unknown, not to mention jewel cases and loose discs, but I'm aiming to replace these with fully boxed material. 😊 Sorry for the shit quality, but these were taken using my cellphone.
Hope you enjoyed this!

IMG_20140908_165932.jpgIMG_20140908_170202.jpgIMG_20140908_170443.jpgIMG_20140908_170451.jpgIMG_20140908_171820.jpg

Reply 39 of 85, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

you could sell games you don't care much for, I did the same for some of my Dreamcast, Saturn and Mega Drive games, mostly spare versions of games I didn't need, or games I didn't play in 4+ years and had no intention of playing.

nice collection though.